Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

Corrado G60 floods when warm. Over fuellig

My corrado has always run and started perfectly. until one day i parked up for a few minutes, came to start it and it would not even fire.

after trying and trying, it eventually started by holding down the accellerator pedal. there was a strong smell of petrol.

this problem continued-it would start instantly from cold, but struggle when warm. eventually the engine oil was contaminated with petrol.

i have changed the oil now.

the problem is that now it struggles to start hot or cold. the accellorater pedal must be held down. once it has started, she runs perfect.

can any one offer me some advice please

Change the blue coolant temperature sender on the cylinder head water housing, VW part number 025 906 041 A (£14.35) and "O" ring N 903 168 02 (£1.00). I would recommend genuine VW as I have had considerable problems with aftermarket blue senders, so much that I will not use pattern ones any more.

Yep, as above - you can also check the BTS with a multimetre set to ohms, it is most likely open circuit or nothing at all (A healthy one will measure around 2000 ohms cold)

Another thing to try is to plug the blue plug into the black (Gauge sender) and see if this makes the starting slightly easier (I say slightly as this sender runs a similar but slightly different range)

Crasher - I'm sure GSF sell seconds when it comes to these, I actually took a metre into my local branch last year after buying a dead one and out of 10 they had, half didn't work at all (!!!) and the other 5 all gave different readings, quality!

I didn't want to mention suppliers but that is one of the companies I had trouble with over blue CTS's and the other company was the other big supplier with a European name!

WOW!! i just came online now to check the exact same problem out! i thought i would be struggling, ANDY G, when it eventualy fires up after foot to the floore does it kind of splutter then it runs ok? mine has exact same symptons just when it does fire up it splutters a tad then runs spot on, mine has only done it a handfull of times not all the time.

thanks

simon

the corrado does splutter and lots of grey smoke comes out ot the exhaust for a few seconds once it has started. after that it runs beautiful

i have fitted a brand new genuine blue temperature sender from volkswagen, and the problem still remains. i have dropped the corrado off at a the genuine vw garage tonite. if they find the problem i shall send you all an answer. fingers crossed it wont be to expensive.

Happened to me recently, turned out to be earth leads. Got them all removed, cleaned and replaced and it's been fine since.

After having some discussions about Mr charge head with regard to his G60's non runningness I am begining to suspect that the root cause of these current fueling problems is due to the wiring loom.

As all G owners know they run bloody hot and the UK spec loom, when compared to the early German one is rubbish. Although the sensors may be providing acurate readings within the tolerance specified a brittle and or worn loom will result in those reading being 'off' when they reach the ECU.

However, proving this is a problem as it only appears to occur during hot running and the ECU will not detect a sensor failure as it is still within an acceptable range.

As for fitting a new loom that will involve removing the brake servo to change the 5 plugs that run into the fuse box not to mention a hefty wedge of cash for VW for a new one.

the volkswagen garage have told me that the ecu is defective. i dont know if i should trust them or not. i fear that i could buy a new one and still not solve the problem. if anyone has an ecu for sale i would be interested. the part number is 037 906 022 EG

the vw garage have fitted the second hand ecu i bought, and the problem is solved. i have yet to go and pick her up.

the vw garage have fitted the second hand ecu i bought, and the problem is solved. i have yet to go and pick her up.

I thought that those ECU

they told me that using jump leads can in some cases cook the ecu.

i now have a bigger problem. on the journey back from the garage, the insides of the super charger smashed there way out through the casing, and metal shards are everywhere. new super charger is now needed, as there is a 60mm diameter hole in the side of it. im begining to lose faith in this car