Sign in to follow this  
j16jrf

B&M set up

I have fitted a B&M quick shift and it is very hard to get into 2nd and 4th.

I have searched and know people think these are awful but is there anyway to set them up properly so u can select gears without having to force it in?

Thanks

Jamie

Had one of these on my G60 and just found it too much of an arse-pain to use on a daily basis.. I had the alignment adjusted by Stealth about 3 times in the year I owned it, plus had the gearbox oil changed as well just to rule that out.. it was always a git, and was always stubborn unless you were incredibly slow with the gear changes.

from what I understand a home made version is pretty easy to fabricate(small bit of welding) and you can choose the pivot point, i.e. don't make it quite as short as the B&M but shorter than the factory one, there's plenty of breaking passats to get the bits from to bastardise.

It's also worth trying a different gear knob, the standard corrado one is quite tall so it extends the throw, i fitted a seat leon gear knob which is pretty much hollow all the way to the top so it sits a couple of inches lower, but still looks OEM, you could probably also cut a bit off the top of the shifter to shorten it even more.

gr8 so pretty much rip it out and put the standard one back in lol.

i am so disappointed in this, B&M are supposed to be good at this sort of thing too. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

and i think i threw the standard one out too :( lol anyone help me with a standard one they may have lying about?