Bups

Corrado windscreen

have you actually contacted your insurers to see if its covered? my father was 3rd part fire and theft and still only had to pay £50 quid for the screen through the insurance.

have you actually contacted your insurers to see if its covered? my father was 3rd part fire and theft and still only had to pay £50 quid for the screen through the insurance.

Really!? ill bear that in mind.

Yeah I read through the policy and phoned to check anyway.

And, while I was looking at it all I realised I've not advised them of my new address (I have a redirect on the post so haven't told many people officially yet). They very kindly pointed out that the new postcode is weighted more than my old one so will be sending a bill for an additional £25 :shock: :lol: :(

Not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Car is booked in at RAC Saturday morning. I'm wondering if I will get a full respray included in the price...... :D

BananOr - Did you get one fitted? Who did you use?

I used a company called motorglass, based in Surrey/S.London - cost me £258.50 Including all VAT and labour

It's done. New screen fitted.

I camped out at the RAC place in Sheffield for a few hours and am very pleased with the job done and time and attention put in.

Once the old screen was out the fitter let me look round the opening to check on the condition of the metalwork. He did a really good job of cleaning up the old glue and when I thought to check on how the rear view mirror is fitted showed me how's it done and let me practise!!! (Kip has been coveting the one in the 8v for a swap with his :D )

I would certainly recommend them.

I paid £325 all in.

I have a chip on the windscreen and wondered if it's best to get someone out to see if they can repair it, never had this done before as the times have had screens go they have needed replaced for sure.

Anyone else had a small chip repaired, is it recommended?

If it's clean (ie a new chip) and around the size of a 5 pence then it can be repaired, you may not even see it at all if the jobs good!

Usually this is done free on insurance

Yes it's quite new and would say smalled than 5p, no go on the insurance though.

Called company there they reckon £35 plus the vat, that sound about right, are these little chips likely to get worse or do they like to promote that idea to get people to repair them

Yeah get it done before the frost / ice comes - particuarly if it goes all the way thru..

Cheers mate, they reckon they might manage Thursday, car been garaged but being in Aberdeen frosts a plenty :D

Saying that I have been up Inverness way for the last week or so and its been minus 9...makes Aberdeen seem like the Bahamas :lol:

i thought id bump this as i got a blooming good quote today, for a standerd windscreen with the rubbers, all fitted.

£150 plus the vat 8) il report back how it goes when its done next week hopefully.

Hey sorry to bring this up again but I've got to get a new windscreen installed (not to mention a new seat after bricking it was quite a loud bang!).

Going through this thread just got me a bit confused. If I get it done through a glass fitter (forced upon me by my insurer) do they automatically get the trims etc. or do I need to point it out to them or provide them, or can I just lay back and relax? Cos to be honest this is thread has got me quite worried!

Also just doing a search on it found that the 98 civic mouldings fit and look better as its just one piece, has anyone else done this lately?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5696176-A-Civic-windshield-moulding-works-on-our-Corrados...

Cheers

If you are going to get them to do it , make sure you tell them that it comes in four seperate peices . The lack of communication between office and fitter is crap ! , i had mine fitted after respray and they tried to fit a standard moulding to it . it was a right state , when i got to the car the fitter said i used what was to hand !. All fitters will tell you they are a pain to do , they will proberbly send an old school guy who has done one before , dont worry ,as long as you stress the moulding situation to them it will be ok . Also worth asking for fitters mobile no , to make sure he has the right bits before hand . Yes they provide mouldings for you , forgot to add that .Rob

the 2 plastic trim peices on the sides of the screen as far as im aware are glued in along with the screen so will have to be damaged upon removal, the rest can be re used aslong as there not stretched and damaged {no reason these should be damaged} all parts where still available at the dealers as of last late year

So took it in and guess what they messed up. Glue set before the guy could but in the trim parts so got to take it back to have the new screen removed and reinstalled. So far no damage to the car. Fingers crossed for the second install! Even gave the guy the instructions on how to install the bloody thing!!