Sign in to follow this  
jonnyboyo

Power rohr. Any good?

Just been offered one as a freebie but don't have any idea if they're any good, best to avoid like the plague, what advantage if any they offer etc.

Any info would be much appreciated before i fail to resist a freebie and fook my engine up or something!

Don't see how it can do any harm to your engine, after all it is just a length of metal pipe to replace the standard rubber/plastic pipe!

afaik, they will do nothing to improve performance. But will add some extra bling to your engine bay (if that's what you're looking for)

Not over fussed on the bling thing as it would just make the rest of my engine look cr*p! Do they give any sort of induction noise, or difference in sound over the placcy pipe?

cant imagine they'd make any difference to induction nose, as most of that comes from the openings in the airbox itself.

A negative point of them would be that the metal pipe would conduct radiated engine heat more than the plastic, so may result in slightly hotter intake temps.

If you're getting it for free, why not get it and try it out!! It wont do any harm to your engine, but I really doubt if it would improve performance at all!