Sign in to follow this  
coullstar

Mk4 4motion vs Corrado VR

I used to come on here a lot and have had every type of Corrado (inc the 8v) however due to work giving me a car allowance I was required to get a 5dr car.

Since selling my last Corrado Ive had a Mk3 Highline, 16v and now have a Mk4 4motion. The Golf is absolutely brilliant and the 4wd is a big bonus however I still have a hankering for a VR Corrado to complete the set plus the allowance rules have been relaxed.

Has anybody gone from a Mk4 4mo to a Corrado VR? If so did you regret it.

Id be looking to swap mine plus cash so I reckon a car about £4500 is what Id be looking at.

Bit of a change of character going from a 4mo to a vr!

Don't reckon you'll be gutted, but prepare for it to be a very different (less modern?) experience.

Do it ! You can always get another one. If you've not got one before August I'll give you a shot of mine when im home. I'd quite like a shot of your Golf too. I cold always sell you the Bora 4mo and Rallye floor ive got so you can have the best of both worlds.

On the flip side, I've gone from a VR C to a Syncro Passat, and doubt very much I'll go back to FWD again.

My driving style does suit itself to have more stability though, as anyone following me in my C would testify!

On the flip side, I've gone from a VR C to a Syncro Passat, and doubt very much I'll go back to FWD again.

My driving style does suit itself to have more stability though, as anyone following me in my C would testify!

Does that mean you're a crap driver mate? I can't quite work out the subtleties of that sentance! :)

Hehe, erm, not quite!

I used to like lifting the back wheel on the C and did have it sideways a few times.

4wd does help me quite a bit nowadays! I lurve roundabouts now ;)

Plus the fact I've done 10,000 miles on the current tyres, and they still have shed-loads of tread on all 4, look almost new. I'd be bare on the front 2 on a fwd, or the rear 2 on a rwd... I'm not light with my throttle!

Excellent - the old lead foot eh? I have the same disease :)

I got through a set of tyres on my old goof vr6 in 5k miles once! Tis fun though :)

I think Im qualified to answer this one :wink:

The C if a lot quicker due to the weight, and its more of a raw car due to the age and lack of stability control. The Golf is planted, but on standard shocks/springs its a little bit wallowy in comparison.

The C is more fun to drive if you fancy a blast, but the golf isnt that far behind. On a long journey however, the Golf is more comfortable, and its quite nice having 6 gears too.

What you need is a Corrado with a 4motion engine in it :wink:

I tried Stanley - ze germans ripped me off though :(

I know mate, w*nkers!! Did you ever get it back from your c/card company?

I tried Stanley - ze germans ripped me off though :(

I know mate, w*nkers!! Did you ever get it back from your c/card company?[/quote:a2f3c]

Did I b*llocks mate. They denied that i'd actually used my card for anything more than identification purposes - you wouldn't believe how slippery they can be!

I heard they've re-named it VW 'slowmotion'?? :lol:

But i drove a LHD 1.8 4moton last week..now thats even slower.

Coullstar as you already know. Corrado's look 1000 times better that a MK4 Golf on the road... Done... 8) :lol:

I heard they've re-named it VW 'slowmotion'?? :lol:

Definitely not mate, i was quite surpsised at how quick it actually is.