Sign in to follow this  
dirtytorque

Can't get the ABS front wheel speed sensor out !?

I have removed the retaining allen bolt,but it is still jammed on pretty tight.

Its just the one bolt that holds this thing on right?

Oh yeah deffo take the disk off, much more access...

2x17mm for the carrier bolts and hook the caliper out the way, then just one screw for the disc

I've done a couple now. Once the allen key bolt is removed its only the rust holding it in I found the easiest way was to remove the disk as mentioned, undo the allen key bolt then use grips, screwdriver, hammer etc to smash the carp out of it until it gives up and falls out. As long as you don't hit anything around it the new one will go in no problems.

Yeh, mine were a knacker to get out. As stated, rusted in, or maybe just a tight fit.

I took the disc (including caliper and carrier) off and the rear protection plate. Then you're left with the holey ring in the way - dont hit or bend this. Instead I got a hold of the abs sensor and wangled it with adjustable spanner until the back broke off. At this point you have an option of drilling it out from the rear, or I just kept pulling at it with pliers until I was left with the metal outer ring/sheeth only (not the same as the gsf replacement and dont need to keep this old sheeth). Then this hollow sheeth was really stuck in, so deformed it from both sides and slid out. The new one was a very tight fit.

thnks for the tips.

one of the 17mm bolts does not want to come out so i will have to take supercharged advise and buy a heat gun.

2 b continued.

:brickwall:

for anyones future reference.

basically i did exactly stuart4zr400 did,

It was the only way to get it out.

Once I was just jeft with the outer metal outer ring i just chiseled it until it collapsed.Then I punched it through the hole with the chisel and it popped out. :)