Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Wheel Colour Q?

Ok Pearl Grey Rado.... Set of Borbets C's to be refurbed.... What colour to go with?

Currently thinking...

Polished (but its a daily)

Stock Silver (bit dull, and samey...)

Black (looks Dirty, but mean)

White (motorsport look.. PITA to clean)

Signal Orange/Green?

What do you think?

Or even if any-one can Phto-plop these ideas.. ?

Had my Borbet C's done in Black Chrome, not to bling, came up very nice courteous of BJV

It's a pearl grey car so greys will make it look a bit '80s colour coded I think..

Any-one got a decent pic of a grey on Borbet C's to photoshop? Tried to find one of Henny (borbet pervs) Pearl Rado...

I personally think only standard silver finish will suit to be honest. Grey will look colour coded, black will look.. wrong.. on a grey car as will white IMHO.

Go stock finish, definately. Plus when it comes to selling them on down the line if you change wheels again, it really limits your market if you've done something weird and wonderful to them!

purple metalflake :lol:

Ola Andy.. you survived the Stella bash then? Robs are "Metalflake purple" so nope...

Fluro pink...
Spoken like a true Cabby hairdresser... Will look too much like your schmidts then :p

Does any-one have a decent pic of Henny's Grey one on C's? For photoshopping?

Ola Andy.. you survived the Stella bash then?

yeah but not without luck and alot of friendly belgians... got too pissed on the train on the way there (drank the first crate of 24 bottles by midday... started at 7am :D )and lost all the tickets for me and my mates, as in the english intenal rail tickets, eurostar, festival and camping, my mates were gonna kill me so i went back to the local town whered i'd dropped the carrier bag with the tickets in to find them gone (supprising eh!) but managed to find all the train tickets dumped in a pile in a corner of the square (v lucky) someone swiped the rest put luckily they were willing to replace the tickets on production of the booking id, passport and most rediculous puppy dog faces ever! awesome weekend though! :-)

on a more helpful note i'd go for a very high crome silver type finish or powder coat them black and diamond cut them next year after the winter? bjv did an awesome job on my rxii's, good price as well, just dont drive there in anything low!

o found this on a french site if it helps

V_986.jpg

Fluro pink...
Spoken like a true Cabby hairdresser... Will look too much like your schmidts then :p

Does any-one have a decent pic of Henny's Grey one on C's? For photoshopping?

Nothing wrong with pink. Especially as you're a Cabby hairdresser too ;)

so did you make a decision then Jon, will they be done for friday?! :D

am trying quite hard to resist any witty comments about the appeal some people might see in a pink rim...

Hey John, nope nothing to report, the funds have taken a bit of a battering of late and the money spent on tyres was allocated to the C's refurb....

Am leaning towards Satin Black with the rim picked out in red.. Have seen a Mk5 GTi in the US with a smiliar set and like the look...

May just bung them on for the weekend to see how I get on with them anyway (just need to check the tyres for tred and pressure) If not it'll still be rolling on Scabby Estorils...

satin black could be good - i think you'd then need that to be a theme, making as much as possible monochrome or darker round the rest of the car.. 8)

not sure if the red would look too "modern" if there was nothing else to set it off with - I cant remember if you have red badges or not? they would match well if you did!

7061106.001.1M.jpg

That's the puppy... OK the paint scheme mings for the US but I quite like the wheel treatment...

Rest of the car's either Pearl Ghay or black anyway... Can any-one photochop the above picture to show this please?

Cheers Rob, spot on...

Could you pop on my other choices as well

White/Anthracite/Signal orange/etc.. (no Fluro Pink please)

i started photoshopping this yesterday but got interupted and had to do some work :lol:

i got as far as all black rims

Yeah there is something worryingly satisfying with the orange ones! :lol:

I like the white look myself, but can imagine they will be a bugger to keep clean, although with the style of the wheels, once you have a good wax on them they will wipe clean ever so easily!

Yeah there is something worryingly satisfying with the orange ones! :lol:!

They'd clash with your paint matey.. ;)

Dont go white dude, you'll be forever cleaning them, one of my mates has white wheels on his integra type r and he reckons they need cleaning every 50 miles! I'm liking the black and red ones though, something a bit different :)