Sign in to follow this  
chez2165

Electric windows and central locking broken.

I have just replaced the passenger door handle recently and since doing this both hte central locking and electric windows no longer work. I have taken all the connections off the door and refitted them with no luck, all the fuses appear to be ok but according to the manual there is another row that I am struggling to locate.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Hallo,

Electric window/central locking fuse is on top of the fuse box (2 x rows) as a stick in relay plate, fuse should be on there somewhere (cant remember where off the top of my head)

As it is both it is likely to be the fuse rather than anything else.

Just thought I'd bump this as this happened to me recently (no windows or central locking) :( But a quick look on here and doing as Yan suggested resolved it.

I just cant believe one litttle fuse can cause so much to go wrong :lol:

So a huge thank you must again go to the Corrado Forum for helping resolve my little problem and of course a big thank's to Yan too :salute:

Right chaps,

I'm having a bit of a problem with this particular fuse as it keeps blowing :scratch: was doin it every week or so now it blows as soon as i put one in so can anyone shed some light on why this might be?

It seems to have started since i had my tailgate painted so maybe could be a wire in the rear hatch shorting or something so maybe i should remove the panel and take a look!

Any suggestions welcome though!

Thanks.

Hi Paul,

First thing I'd check is inside the rubber boot where the loom comes through into the tailgate - years of opening nd closing can cause a break in the wires there.

Cheers Bill, Will take a look at that, the ones near the hinges yes?

A bit later Paul, you'll need your torch by now :) - but yes

Well i'm still having a problem with this, have checked all the wiring on the doors and rear hatch and all loks good but as soon as i fit a fuse it blows instantly :(

Any ideas anyone? may have to go to an auto trician if not.

i have trouble with my central lockign too, i.e. it is non-existent! the windows work (ish) but there is no CL at all.

Interesting thread, i will be keeping an eye on this :)