Sign in to follow this  
corrado-g60t

should i buy a g60?

hey i just found a 1990 corrado g60 and was wondering if i should really buy it. from what im reading they have ALOT of problems, and i don't want to be working on a car i just bought. what are the most common problems with a g60? and how much should i be soending when i buy it to see that it doesnt break down a week later? any advice helps!!! thanks. also 2nd gear grinds, is this going to be a problem anytime soon?

Probably need to know a bit more about the car before saying whether or not you should but it (mileage, did the previous owner take care of it, history, has the charger been serviced and by whom). As for the G60's having a lot of problems, that's mainly down to not maintaining the charger. Really needs the charger looked at ever 30k miles if it has a 68mm pulley, and every 20k on a 65mm. Jabbasport ones tend to have more issues with them than G-werks ones as well. If the charger is well maintained then they are no worse than anything else.

Put up some more details about it and I'm sure some other people will be along with advice.

well i bought my g60 5yrs ago,1st thing i did was get my charger serviced an since then the only major thing mechanically i've had to have done was a new crank shaft oil seal! not bad for 5yrs of g60 ownership i'd say

all other things i've spent money on were more for personal taste,the key is to buy a well looked after g60 to start with as a base then u should be onto a winner 8)

No

You seem to have more negatives than positives in your post,don`t think your heart is in it ,dont buy it :)

Should you buy a 17 yr old car, no, not if you are expecting it to be trouble free.

On balance I'd say owning a Corrado more than makes up the effort of running and maintaining a 17 yr old car!

Was a bit pissed when my starter stuck in the petrol station yesterday though :lol:

Should I buy a G60?

No.

Ok well, maybe, it depends. Have a read through the buyers guide which should give an indication as to what can go wrong (and the cost involved).

http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.p ... _Checklist

Don't buy a Corrado expecting your initial outlay to be it. Unless you have disposable income, it's not the best thing to dive into without researching. Saying that, you could buy one and not have to spend a penny, you just never know though!

All the cars I've bought I have fallen in love with at first sight and that is how I made my decision.

I couldn't give the previous owner the money fast enough.

I'm married to my G for better or for worse.(How sad is that last statement !!!)

Thats said if this was my only car that I needed to be reliable 365 days a year 100 % of the time then I would have had to sell it. :(

I have gf/child/gerbil/cat etc so they need to get to school/work/shops/vets etc :? The corrado dosn't fit the bill as a nice reliable family motor IMHO.

That said unless i fall on very hard times I can't see me ever selling it.

I love the way it looks and more importantly I love the way it drives.

One thing to consider though is that If the current owner can't show you any docs that say the charger has been serviced in recent times then you will have to think seriously about getting the charger serviced once you buy the car.

So obviously factor that into the "Is it worth the price" equation. :)

I think my signature says it all!

However..

I regret NOTHING!!!! 8)

If you are buying any car of that age be prepared to spend every month it might be a fiver or maybe more. On the plus side your choice of style over ordinary will pay dividends in many many ways.