Sign in to follow this  
grey-vr6-dan

Sunroof Panel

Ive just bought myself a new sunroof but its the wrong colour. If I fit it in the car as it is and get it all working, can I then swap the colored panels over with it in the car? Or do I need to do that with the mech out of the car? I'd rather swap it over once Ive got it in and working so I have less chance of messing somthing up with it laying on the garage floor.

hi

Yes you can swap afterwards. Tip tho. Use baby wipes to keep your hands clean. Just unbolt the 4 mounting screws after sliding back internal panel.

Have fun

Dic

hi

Yes you can swap afterwards. Tip tho. Use baby wipes to keep your hands clean. Just unbolt the 4 mounting screws after sliding back internal panel.

Have fun

Dic

Hi there, sorry for the hijack, just a daft question, hypothetically speaking, if I slide the internal panel back on mine, then take the metal panel out, does this now allow me access to the slider mech? If so, does this mean I can then repair my slider mech with the whole slider mech in situ? (Hoping not to dismantle the interior here..) :wink:

sorry grozzy, but if you want to repair mech then whole assembly usually has to come out.

it is possible to slide things out the back with the roof lining hanging down a bit, but can be fiddly.

bite the bullet and take it out. bin bag works just as well for a while, just don't worry aabout the temporary colour match, or the weather. it's quite hot here in Portugal tho.