Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

Toyo Proxe-4 (PX4) Now running a pair! OMG!

Cheeswire I stand corrected, I was mistaken on the wheel width. Tyre choice doen't matter now, as I can't afford any tyres. :(

I've been laughed at by a tyre monkey for loving my rainsports, and was told that Uniroyal are equvalent to tesco value. :rolleyes:

I've been laughed at by a tyre monkey for loving my rainsports, and was told that Uniroyal are equvalent to tesco value. :rolleyes:

:lol: You said it, what a chimp!

You will find tyre fitters are very opinionated regarding the their trade, but curiously know the least in a lot of cases :)

I've heard all sorts of stories, including one fitter bragging that the torque from his BMW E30 325i was so strong that off the lights, the tyres would stay still and the wheels would spin inside them. Yeah, riiiiiiight...... PMSL!

I must have tried at least 10 different brands of tyre on my machine over 4 and a bit years and so far, the tesco Value royals have been the best in the wet....by a country (value) mile!

Similar but copied? Hmm???

I didn't mean literally! The concept is the same.....two "V" treads within the same shoulder to shoulder area...

If you squint.. :lol:

Double6's I was wondering too (been a Yoko man myself) till I bought some... They are damn good...

Yeah I've never actually tried them mate. Lots of my mates with dubs have always raved about em, but from other people i've heard they're average.

Same as everything I guess - depends what you like and what you're used to.

Well not done stellar mileage on them yet... but will keep udated... But from over the weekend in dry good, and in the wet (monsoon) stuff seem to be almost as good as Yoko A520's and they shifted so much water you couldn't see the Skyrocket for teh rooster tail!

I guess when they've bedded in I'll be able to tell for sure....

Horses for courses.. in the dry they probably won't com near to 888's but then they will last longer!

Wanted something that is quiet, takes some "spirited abuse" and keeps the car on the blackstuff during monsoon season.. which they seem to be living up to much better than the P6000's on the rears (which will be replaced with PX4's as soon as funds allow)

Went onto Mytyres.. did the ordering bit on T1R's and then looked for local fitters then rang them up..

Said on web £32 plus £12 fitting (didn't tell him T1R's though ;) ) so he went and found some from some-one he knows for £37...

Easy...

On Blackcircles they (PX4's) are £51!