Sign in to follow this  
corrado9a

VFE Stage 3? + 268 + VGI + different ecus?

Hi all again.

Here i go with one more time with maybe a difficult question.

I got a hold off a Stage 3 VFE supercharger kit (Stage 2+ Intercooling). The kit is off a 94 golf ( 2.8 with AF ECU). and my car is a 94 Corrado with an AG ECU.

The kit comes with every single bit necessary, even the ECU and the MAF sensor.

The question is what needs to be changed to make that AF ECU work with my AF engine.

I will also need to get a new chip burned also because i am runing a VGI with 268 cams (Golf was stock), so i have the option of making this for the AF or the AG ecus.

On the other hand I have seen completly diferent reviews on how the schrick and 268

From what i know the 268 cams wont work brilliantly with the charger and will need to be changed either back to standard of to 248s...

268s with Forced induction creates a bit too much valve reversion (excess oil and fuel vapours blown backwards into the intake manifold) for my liking, but they can work OK if mapped well. Personally I'd stick to the stock cams for a broader torque band. I've never felt the 268s were particularly good value for money given the small improvement they offer.

I'd leave the VGI flap operational.

We only got AG and CP ECUs over here but i think Vince at Stealth Racing has mapped an AF. Might be worth giving him a call to discuss that.

Thanks for the info.

looks like he is the man to talk to. Only problem is distance, otherwise my car would be there for remapping and general adjustement. I might try to give him a call.

I have to take a decision on what route to go for now that my engine is all over a table so i dont regret it later.

Thanks again

Some insight on 268 and boost. Fueling seems to be the key.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2004988&page=1

Here for switching to the mk3 ECU. This pertains to US car...but it'll give you some insight on what needs to be done.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2397193

I agree with Kev on going with a lower profile cam. The 268's will probably lean out the fueling too much up top.

I have the Schrick 260/264 + VGI with my VF stage 2 and it pulls very nice. The VGi gives a nice bit of extra punch in the midrange. Whoever told you to remove the flapper...lol...don't take any more advice from him. The VGi is useless without the flapper, you might as well run the stock manifold. The divided cylinders is what makes the VGi work.