Sign in to follow this  
Beetlebug_2001

Damage Esitmates

if they play up im going through insurance and claiming loss of earnings and whiplash as well.

much as i sympathise with you and am sorry to hear what happened to your C......doing this only increases everyone elses insurance including yours :roll: ....it is also fraud(unless of course yo have suffered from whiplash and loss of earnings) and is the main reason why insurance is so high in this country :roll:

just my 2pence :wink:

Yeah i know what your getting at but they wont go through insurance they know there insurance will go right up and im sure they pay a fair packet already, ill try get as much outta them as i can, im still not sure what i want to do yet, i just feel pi*sed off, if i was to claim for whiplash i would need to goto the hospital and have them check me over and see if i have suffered from it.

You can't get whiplash from a side impact...

And anyway, yours wasn't an "impact" as I understand it, as much as a crush..

Not worth it, mate. By all means get them to stump for the full costs of the repairs from a reputable repair place (get two quotes and ring them up when you have them). But leave it at that.

One thing - make it clear to whoever you ask for a quote that this is NOT an insurance job, and chances are they won't inflate the quote to ridiculous levels.. (I had £200 worth of painting done to my C. One guy quoted me £600 and implored me to put it on the insurance. Needless to say I told him where to go.)

Beetlebug,

My car was repaired by J&B Coachworks @ Houghton-le-Spring. Came back looking immaculate- needless to say I was well chuffed. I am not 100% sure that you could get away with that rear quarter- especially if its been bent in a little cos then it won't fit the line of your new door :( .

Anyway thats just my thought- let me know if you want the number.

Cheers

Mike