Sign in to follow this  
CdnCorrado

VWMS VSR on a coil pack Corrado?? Will it work??

You think its complicated its actually all very easy now! :lol:

My VSR came with nothing and the control flap missing. God I love ebay! :gag:

Anyway speak to Vince at Stealth and he will sort you out.

Worst case scenario is:

New flap circa £350

Solenoid £30

Vacuum tank from Mk2 Golf £15

RPM controller £25-90 (Vince has some tiny little ones for the latter amount)

Bit of pipework £10

Ideally you could then do with a remap though.

Have to say my car runs really nice now especially with 263 cams. Feels like it should have been fresh from the factory! However if you are spending £1200 on a VSR manifold, £400 on cams, £300 on a remap, plus fitting you are knocking on the door of £2k. So the bang for your buck is pretty poor! I wanted to keep things pretty OE though. If you just want more power/torque get a charger or save some more dosh up and get Vinces turbo conversion which will be light and day fast! 8)

Matt

but I can tell you for sure that the VSR came with a special gasflap

can anyone help me withe the chip??picture's?

Check the two throttle bodies carefully mate and see if one has been 'ported and polished' may be that you have a Big Bore throttle body which will improve the air flow a bit more.

Does the car have to be at a shop to get a remap - or can one get a new chip that fits this intake? (or send in the ECU)?.

I'm in the thinking box as to buy one or not - AFAIK it's complete, and costs roughly £650.

Are they supposed to be coming with a TB or is that the same ? (if not will it work with the original TB?)

it better to have your car individually mapped but I'm sure you could get one of the well known tuners to send you a generic map for the VSR and anything else you have with it. i guess they can either send you a chip or you can send the ecu for it to be programmed. or you could just leave it unmapped to start with? it will still show benefits.

yes, you use your original throttle body. the only exception would be if you were buying an obd2 schrick, but if its genuinely a VSR then it will be obd1 and you'll have no issues.