junkie

Hoping to buy another corrado.

Even though you have edited im still not following you.

Even with the measure of torque been in Nm its still crossing over each other.

Test vids to see how they come out, it was only done on a poxy digi cam so no sound either, get some better 1's soon but im getting there.

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... 0008-1.flv

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... 050009.flv

http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/aa10 ... 050010.flv

How do i get it to play on here so its not linking to anywhere?

was in this car at the weekend. only way to describe it - brutal! :lol: its bloody fast..... I dont know why more g60s arent turboed like this - certainly no g60s i know of would come close to challenging it. awesome car - was more than i expected - it needs pilots with big balls to drive it the way it demands LOL

dont be too worried about bits and bobs that you want to do to it mate - its a great car - and if you need some help doing some major stuff and i can do some of it ill give you a hand. cheers for meeting up and was good to have the curry :D

I dont know why more g60s arent turboed like this

I do, it's called the 1.8T!!!! :lol:

I went out in it too, and I'd not even half consider a 1.8t after experiencing this...

I went out in it too, and I'd not even half consider a 1.8t after experiencing this...

What I meant was most people would start with a 1.8T rather than a G60 engine because of the crossflow 20v head, larger throttle body and the fact that it is a turbocharged engine to start with and cheaper to get more power out of it. A 1.8T on it's own, of course, would not come close to this!

You probably won't find too many engines putting this much power through a short ratio G60 box either which probably accounts for some of the brutality. :lol:

well hat off to Simon for trying something different. it works.

well hat off to Simon for trying something different. it works.[/quote:tq1cmbd7]

Indeed! A little too well for my pants :( :( :shock:

;)

probably won't find too many engines putting this much power through a short ratio G60 box either which probably accounts for some of the brutality. :lol:

i do agree here - fitting longer ratios would definitely be worth doing. the car would feel a lot quicker again :)

well hat off to Simon for trying something different. it works.

Yeah you won't find too many people that haven't already been commited doing this sort of thing. :lol: :lol:

:offtopic1:

Just noticed your signature so what the new car putting out?

Indeed! A little too well for my pants :( :( :shock:

;)

Well you could get yourself a new pair if you get that bloody flywheel off for me!!!! :lol:

cheers guys and ihave always said thats the only downside and has been for a long time. after driving yours leon i will be putting a full vr gearset in mine, dou know if its a standard box set ?

lm sure it was reading 70mphish in 2nd lol

cheers guys and ihave always said thats the only downside and has been for a long time. after driving yours leon i will be putting a full vr gearset in mine, dou know if its a standard box set ?

yeah its a std set - you'll need to change the bell housing though - as the vr boxes are slightly different. sure a few people on here have done it though - samg60 being one i think

2nd gear is lovely :) and so is 3rd lol you should change them IMO

~300bhp 265lb/ft - enough to scare the passengers - credit to NickVR6 for doing the work.

~300bhp 265lb/ft - enough to scare the passengers - credit to NickVR6 for doing the work.

as a passenger i would be as well def credit to nick its a well sorted car

Why would you go to all the bother of swapping VR ratios into your current box when a CTN box will give near identical 1,2 & 3 and stretched out 4 and 5 and give you more mph on long drives?????????????????????????????????????? :cuckoo:

yeah its a std set - you'll need to change the bell housing though - as the vr boxes are slightly different. sure a few people on here have done it though - samg60 being one i think

2nd gear is lovely :) and so is 3rd lol you should change them IMO

SamG60 then had some problems with that box IIRC and fitted a CTN one!!! :?

Very impressive, Sorry to be a geek but is that at flywheel or at the wheel? Vortex or Rotrex?

i feel it would be better

can you do 1 of your chart things comparing the full vr sets not just the putting 1s n 2nd against the ctn please

at the wheels - VF9 stage2

The CTN would probably be a good choice for you - as you probably wont be in 5th much unless on the motorway or cruising. get a peloquin fitted too if funds allow

i feel it would be better

can you do 1 of your chart things comparing the full vr sets not just the putting 1s n 2nd against the ctn please

We've been here before haven't we?

cheers for that, i just dont know if 4th n 5th will be too long? i like it been brutal just need to lose a little of it

Yep we have definitely been here before............. :roll:

EDIT:

Mate you have 344lb/ft in a car that weighs a little over a tonne, they are not to tall!!!!!!!

Green line is torque/Black line is BHP

Simon_Corado dyno lines.JPG[/attachment:1lijb8ta]

But it is peaky torque and im sure somewhere along the lines you said it may not suit cars like that, correct me if im wrong?

Just take a look at the graphs and do a bit of homework. I think you're putting zero mental effort into figuring this out for yourself and at the end of the day, it's your decision. I don't think anyone is going to convince you that a decision you have already made is the wrong one.

Very peaky torque that can occur in alot of turbo engines would not suit this box.