ProdigalSon

ProdigalSon's G60: MOT pass! *phew*

F r e s h :notworthy:

Cheers for the use of your Autoglym goodies - will drop them back in 10 mins :salute:

Used half a bottle of Wonder Wheels getting the alloys silver, and a fair bit of boot polish on the splitter, headlight surround and grille, side strips, roof strips, door handles, wing mirror surrounds and aerial base 8)

(Also now have a hose long enough to reach the front of the house bro, for automotive lavage :wink: )

Cool rado.

:shades:

fine job.

Cheers :D

Just took her for a spin around the proverbial ring road - and she was excellent. Nice cool evening air and the hum of the charger, good to blow the cobwebs out, eh? :nuts: :luvlove:

Cool rado.

:shades:

fine job.

Cheers :D

Just took her for a spin around the proverbial ring road - and she was excellent. Nice cool evening air and the hum of the charger, good to blow the cobwebs out, eh? :nuts: :luvlove:

yeah..

i love my g i like the way she whines and then begs me to spank her.

:ignore:

coats on.

:D

yeah..

i love my g i like the way she whines and then begs me to spank her.

:ignore:

coats on.

:D

What perfect timing - the missus just walked up behind me and read that over my shoulder - now she's got c o m p l e t e l y the wrong idea about my relationship with my C! :norty: Certainly raised an eyebrow :lol:

Looking stunning Andy 8) Loving the grille/G60 badge combo- reckon you should definately detail your headlights too, and do something with the tails...

Looking stunning Andy 8) Loving the grille/G60 badge combo- reckon you should definately detail your headlights too, and do something with the tails...

Thanks Andy :wink: Not too fussed about detailing the headlights, but red/clear rears are well on the cards, just can't choose! :shrug: Still looking forward to seeing your 'lude too :D

Looks good dude! Glad to see MrsBadcrumble's bonnet came in handy :D

Cheers Stu, MrsB lives on - in shiny angelic silver... :lol:

Spent a good 6 hours on the C today, and did the following:

Replaced both drop link nuts and the O/S wishbone rear bolt, none of which had been done although they were available when the wishbones were replaced :scratch: :shrug:

Eyeballed a camber correction to the N/S front hub, as it had been put out by a change to the ball joint shim when we had the gearbox out for clutch swappage. Subsequent test drive this evening has proved that the steering is now centralised again, and the does not pull awkwardly to either side :D Who needs 4-wheel laser alignment? :lol:

Then set about swapping the crank bolt for the DX bolt I've had for the last 8 months :roll: :oops: :

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdf_DSC8577.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

Book1.pdf_DSC8578.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC8575.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

ETKA Corrado.pdf_DSC8576.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC8587.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

In the meantime, the missus had been busy stripping the wheel arch liners out, and cutting suitable holes for cold-air feeds to the brakes (not standard on ABS-fitted cars), and to improve the intercooler's air flow :clap: :

Corrado92.pdf_DSC8584.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

We took some aluminium grille, spray painted it matt black, and cut out three panels and riveted them into the wheel arch liners:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf_DSC8589.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf_DSC8590.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

Figured that the grille would stop grit being thrown into the ABS rotors (the reason why vents were blanked on ABS-fitted cars), would stop a lot of mud/water from being thrown from the tyres into the wing, and would still allow some good airflow to the brakes (and intercooler)... Nice and subtle too, as they turned out, pleased with that :D

Props to the wife for doing all the hard work in removing, cutting, riveting and refitting the wheel arch liners - she's a keeper! :wink: :lol:

Finally did some more runs to check inlet manifold temps, with the thermometer that I rigged last night:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC8579.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

_DSC8581.jpg[/attachment:1cn2w57n]

Temps read 13C ambient, 18-25C at battery and 18-45C at throttle body during 'spirited runs', and up to 52C when idling (water and oil were over 100C at this point).

Will see what happens when the phenolic inlet manifold gasket is fitted - watch this space :wink:

Ordered some clear side repeaters and smoked/red 'M3-style' tail lights, which arrived today... :clap:

Unfortunately they sent me the clear/red tails :( which are just a bit too bling for my liking :gag:

Will have to wait til late next week to get the replacements on, as I'm off to Dubai at the weekend :roll:

Will have to wait til late next week to get the replacements on, as I'm off to Dubai at the weekend :roll:

OFF FOR DUBAI!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

P.S. - when ya getting to the phenolic???

OFF FOR DUBAI!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

P.S. - when ya getting to the phenolic???

Dubai was hot. Very hot. Glad I'm not running my C there, with ambient temps of 45C (113F)! Good shopping though :D

Probs going to do the phenolic in July, just need to line up a few bits so I can do the lot at once. Compression is fine, so will look at big end and crank bearings when the engine's out.

boost has his spare 16V on his engine stand in our back yard right now, so might have to arrange a swap with him...

looking great dude! well have to sort out some kinda meet sometime this year

Sounds like a plan :wink: :)

The right tail lights have still not arrived, even though I sent the wrong ones back over a week ago :confused4: Hoping they'll be here tomorrow, to match the neutral side repeaters I fitted yesterday 8)

this is a bit late but uhh....

New temps were Ambient 13C, Battery 18-25C, Throttle 18-45C rising to 52C at idle... Roughly same 20 minute run.

More pics on my thread :wink:

Also added 'water wetter' stuff to coolant today, and it barely hit 70C during the speed runs, but climbed to >100C at idle.

1st and foremost, great work :thumb right:

2ndly...WTF! ambient 13C :shock: I barely get that in the winter!! today was about 92F :onfire: and we're not mid summer yet. NO WONDER you thought Dubai was hot :lol: :pharoh: :tumbleweed: :p :bonk:

man smilies are FUN :help:

*sigh* No, they didn't arrive today either... :(

Will call Ven*m tomorrow to find out where they are :roll:

Will also have a look in the Bad Salesman thread to see if I am having my chain yanked :nono:

Wow, 103F... you need yourself one big chargecooler, and a (beer)cooler full of ice in the trunk to fill it with!

That's one of the joys of winter driving here - when the air temp is in the single digits and slightly misty, you really notice the increase in engine power, so you can keep all your sunshine and hot weather! :p

Er, did that come over as a bit bitter and envious? :ignore: :lol:

i like the heat :twisted: ,g60 doesn't though..

Rob, any idea how much your inlet temps drop with the Megasquirt?

And can you put ice water in the reservoir? :lol:

i like the heat :twisted: ,g60 doesn't though..

Rob, any idea how much your inlet temps drop with the Megasquirt?

And can you put ice water in the reservoir? :lol:

actually I saw some inlet temps of about 40 degress in the logs.This was under hard driving in moderately weather.

I couldn't comment on pre intercooler heat as I don't have anything setup at the mo..

OK, so my new smoked/red tails finally arrived today :roll: but they are a bit, er, chromey... :gag: (PS. we really need a 'pikey' smiley! :D )

Need to get some nice black plastic paint on there before they're fitted! :lol: Any recommendations? :shrug: