ProdigalSon

ProdigalSon's G60: MOT pass! *phew*

got any pics?

you'll need to buff/dull down the chrome bits for any paint to stick properly I think.

Daren't post any pics :( Might attract the wrong crowd :wink: :lol: :cuckoo:

Hey up! Which lights did you go for? Inpro/FK?

Hello mate! Long time no hear :wink:

I got the 'Venom' lights, but I think they are just rebranded FKs, possibly:

Smoked_Red Rear Lights.jpg[/attachment:2dsibuh9]

You can see the bit between the 4 clusters is shiny, but hadn't realised how krohm it would look innit.

And how's your 'lude treating you? Still up for a look at (and a ride in) it :grin:

The Lude is pretty good thanks 8) Mising the VR a bit though :(

Those are FKs. Had them on my green 16v a few years ago. The previous owner did a fantastic job of de-blinging them- pretty sure he did a thread about it- I'll do a search...

Here you go clicky.

You could have just bought the ARZ ones which are already de-blinged + cheaper ;)

Thanks for the link, figured it would need something like that :roll:

You had me worried for a second, but I did consider the ARZ tails and chose the shape and shade of the FKs (the smoked tint suits silver paint really well), plus the ARZ lights are same price as the FKs, which were drastically reduced :shrug: :wink:

Cazza would be a really good person to have around the day after an emergency wouldn't he? :lol:

tbh, the ARZ ones are _really_ dark as the black plastic obviously doesn't provide any internal reflection for the bulb, which the pikey chromes do.

Just sort out the chrome you can see bro and you have the best of both worlds.

tbh, the ARZ ones are _really_ dark as the black plastic obviously doesn't provide any internal reflection for the bulb, which the pikey chromes do.

Just sort out the chrome you can see bro and you have the best of both worlds.

Yeah, wasn't keen on the funny half-moon bit on the ARZ, so reckon I've made the right choice even though it's more effort to prep them :)

Cazza would be a really good person to have around the day after an emergency wouldn't he? :lol:

:lol: IIRC, I suggested the ARZ ones several times before the purchase was made... :roll:

The smoke is very light on the FKs- agree with you it will prob match up with the silver better.

The ARZs aren't particularly dark, but they are indeed a fair bit darker than the FKs :shrug:

Reckon the ARZs would really suit Ron 8)

:lol: IIRC, I suggested the ARZ ones several times before the purchase was made... :roll:

You did, but after looking at them both before I chose, I was (and still am) happier with the FKs :)

The smoke is very light on the FKs- agree with you it will prob match up with the silver better.

The ARZs aren't particularly dark, but they are indeed a fair bit darker than the FKs :shrug:

The bit I find odd-looking on the ARZ lights is the contrast between the darker rectangular area and the lighter semicircle where the bulb is :scratch: :|

Reckon the ARZs would really suit Ron 8)
Think you may be onto something there :wink: The darker tints defo work better with dark paint.

Are you into any mods on your 'lude? Or is the whole point not to be spending money? :oops: :ignore: :lol:

Would love to, but that would defeat the object a little! Got my VR BMC on there, and have a decat waiting to go on. May get a Fidanza flywheel if I ever have to get the clutch done.

Other than that, it will just be a case of keeping it running sweet. Would really love to get some coilovers, turbo etc, but if/when we can afford such luxuries, I'll be getting a Storm ;)

Cazza, Honda heads flow like absolute monsters! If you run even the smallest pressure through them you will get bigggg powaaaaa.

A way to go o the CR-V huh bro? I mean it's already got teh 4wd....

Can't have the missus car being faster than mine though! :shock: :lol:

And she only does 22mpg at the mo, so no need for more consumption there thank you very much :roll:

Charging an underpowered car would more than likely increase it's economy.

Look at Jay Leno's tank! Supercharging it tripled the economy.

and where are these pictures?

Charging an underpowered car would more than likely increase it's economy.

Look at Jay Leno's tank! Supercharging it tripled the economy.

and where are these pictures?

Agreed, although Jay's engine was not particularly modern/efficient to start with! :lol: And the main problem with having all that power is being restrained enough not to use it in order to save go-juice.

I'll try to respray the tails tomorrow, and have a few 'progress pics'... :wink:

Having boosted my energy this morning with brunch, my wife and I started work on toning down the FK tails I bought:

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC8885.jpg[/attachment:9baliml8]

Corrado92.pdf_DSC8891.jpg[/attachment:9baliml8]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf_DSC8892.jpg[/attachment:9baliml8]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf_DSC8906.jpg[/attachment:9baliml8]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC8908.jpg[/attachment:9baliml8]

_DSC8910.jpg[/attachment:9baliml8]

Finally, I tried to darken the dremel'd areas with some matt black enamel, but it got into the hairline crack between body and lens, and even a piece of paper couldn't fit between to wipe it out :cry: May have to go the whole hog and deliberately darken the 3mm wide area between the outside edge of the lights and rubber seal... :roll: Will see what's possible, and will fit them to the car tomorrow :wink:

I had those same rear lights on my Corrado and you're definitely doing the right thing by getting shot of the chrome. I wan't bothered by the bling, so I left it, but it's such a crap finish it went all manky and flaked after a couple of months. Black is best!

So here they are, fitted to the car:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf_DSC8911.jpg[/attachment:y06quk2l]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC8912.jpg[/attachment:y06quk2l]

_DSC8913.jpg[/attachment:y06quk2l]

Just a coupla pics as have spent too much time on this in the last two days and am a bit bored with it, but pleased it's done :wink:

Think the smoking goes well with the silver paint... 8)

look really good the lights do. im tempted to get some for mine, not sure if they will look right tho .