ProdigalSon

ProdigalSon's G60: MOT pass! *phew*

look really good the lights do. im tempted to get some for mine, not sure if they will look right tho .

To make a massive generalisation, I think that the lighter smokes work better on light coloured cars and the darker smokes or red/reds look great on dark coloured cars... All down to personal preference though :)

Have you tried any photoshoppery to get an idea of what they'd look like?

Looking pretty perfecto there 8) A vast improvement on the orange (which, as you say, really dates the Corrado).

Maybe it's my eyes, but the car looks quite white in those pics- pearl white, even, as Jon would say :lol:

Maybe it's my eyes, but the car looks quite white in those pics- pearl white, even, as Jon would say :lol:

Hmm, not sure about that, I reckon you're deluded :wink: :lol:

Thanks for nice words about the new look tho' :grin:

:lol:

It's amazing how changing something so small/simple can really transform the look of a car. Huge improvement! What next? Any more thoughts re: supension/wheels?

:lol:

It's amazing how changing something so small/simple can really transform the look of a car. Huge improvement! What next? Any more thoughts re: supension/wheels?

Coilies tomorrow at G-werks... :nuts: :salute:

Weitec Hicon GTs plus VR6 topmounts :clap:

Went down to G-werks today for a set of Weitec Hicon GT coilovers :clap:

Pics:

Corrado conversion V2 (3).pdf_DSC8993.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

Book1.pdf_DSC8996.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC8998.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

ETKA Corrado.pdf_DSC9004.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf_DSC9007.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

Corrado92.pdf_DSC9009.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf_DSC9015.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf_DSC9018.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC9020.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

_DSC9021.jpg[/attachment:1zrgzu8b]

Cheers to Darren and Rob for being helpful and laid back (as usual) :thumbleft:

I may drop the car a wee bit lower, but I'm already loving the lack of body roll and nose lift/dive :D , and I've not noticed any bump-steer with my (conservative) 35mm-ish drop. Ride is obviously harsher over very poor tarmac (ie. potholes etc.), but liveable-with :)

Lower, lower! :lol: Looks 8)

Aww, thanks :nuts: Do you remember how low yours was? Either the distance from wheel arch to ground or space between tyre and arch?

Almost complete...

Got my eye on some 16" LMs... Would that satisfy your vicarious urges? :norty: :lol:

16" LMs would be perfect :D

It was about 2.5 fingers between the wheel and arch. Would've liked it a little lower though - 2 is perfect.

The car will probably hunker down a bit anyway.

I'd leave it.

At least 4 a while anyway.

My car has a tendency to take off everynow and then 8) so it's nice to have a bit of room for maneuver

:D

get some waxoyl on those thread before they get all caked up! :shock: :gag:

good work though bro, Look forward to getting my "new" suspension by proxy! :clap:

get some waxoyl on those thread before they get all caked up! :shock: :gag:

Er, yeah, about that... any chance of having some of your waxoyl please? :nuts:

good work though bro, Look forward to getting my "new" suspension by proxy! :clap:

Swapsies original G60 (limited edition) suspension for some sealant? :lol:

or use PTFE tape and vasaline like I did! Didn't half get a funny look buying a massive tub of the stuff :nuts:

Waxoyl secured :salute: (cheers bro :wink: )

They seem to have dropped even further now... can barely get 2 fingers in between tyre and arch... :grin:

Will have to remember to lube/seal them before long (ie. tomorrow night!), although not sure my trolley jack will go under the sill now :roll:

lower! lol as said it will settle in but lower!

back to the rear lights, i have red/red rears but im never 100% sure until i see both! lol

loving the stance you have now. :D looks really really cool, i saw a silver one when i was looking at mine and i wasnt sure how it would look modified, really like em now :)

lower! lol as said it will settle in but lower!

back to the rear lights, i have red/red rears but im never 100% sure until i see both! lol

loving the stance you have now. :D looks really really cool, i saw a silver one when i was looking at mine and i wasnt sure how it would look modified, really like em now :)

Cheers Phil :grin: I've just washed and shammied (sp?!) the car and it looks better than ever :luvlove:

I checked and adjusted the corner heights yesterday, I think I have 595mm front and 585mm rear now, just enough space to get first and middle finger between tyre and arch :nuts: 8) Doesn't appear to bumpsteer any more than before, but the handling is great, and the steering is much lighter now it's had a proper alignment :salute:

Then I waxoyl'd them good and proper, so that should keep them in good nick for a while. On the cosmetic front, other than a full body and bumpers glass-out respray (££££), I'd love to get some 16" BBS LM replicas and some spacers to really fill out the arches :clap: With the amount I've spent since I bought her last July, I might have to wait for Santa though :roll:

Next up on the performance stakes is a quick engine check (bottom end bearings etc.), and maybe a gearbox upgrade to the VR 1st, 2nd, and FD... Making 32mpg on average, and loving the ride, so it's all good right now :D

Sounds like it's just the right height now- will hopefully see it soon 8)

I could never get the trolley jack under the front axle without first using the standard jack on the normal sill position.

Next up on the performance stakes is a quick engine check (bottom end bearings etc.),..

how come?

Any ominous signs or just for peace of mind?

If you strip it you may as well re-build ?? :shrug:

Or are you going to just make sure everything is in spec and just replace all the stretch bolts?

You boys just want an excuse to take it apart.

:)

If you strip it you may as well re-build ?? :shrug:

Or are you going to just make sure everything is in spec and just replace all the stretch bolts?

You boys just want an excuse to take it apart.

:)

It's done 175k with no signs of refurb, so reckon it's time to check the bottom end. Compression is just fine, and doesn't use much oil at all, so think that piston rings are OK...

Will probs check everything is OK and replace seals/bearings etc. as necessary.

I'm not complaining that I get to take everything apart :nuts: :lol:

Rebuild ftw.

Speaking of rebuild, my load leveller has arrived so I'm running out of excuses for why I don't take out the engine now! :pale: :lol:

I had to 'modify' it a bit as it was an Ebay cheapy - functional but very basic - and I want it to run smoothly when it has hundreds of kilos of engine and gearbox hanging from it :grin:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf_DSC9042.jpg[/attachment:16y4h9uz]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf_DSC9038.jpg[/attachment:16y4h9uz]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf_DSC9039.jpg[/attachment:16y4h9uz]

_DSC9041.jpg[/attachment:16y4h9uz]

About £8 of bits from my local hardware store, and it seems ready for action... Just need to order stretch bolts/engine consumables from the dealer and set a date for work to begin *gulp* :salute: