Sign in to follow this  
stevej

at last.... a VR page 2 - the last journey ?

Hi all

another newbie, so i thought it about time i posted some pics of the C, a 94 2l 16V with 119000mls, and pretty good SH. i wanted one of these for a long time and eventually got her 11months ago. previous Vw inlcuded mk1 rivage cab for 3 years and laterly a VR6 mk3 golf.

The C is pretty standard other than for: snorkel out of airbox, K&N panel filter, ss magnex cat back, lupo wipers and rather naff 5 spoke alloys (IMO) put on by the prvious seller. bonus in that all electrics work other than heater lights.

had a fair bit dpone since got her: rear axle bushes, front wishbone bushes, lamba probe, cam chain, discs/pads, all above mods, front engine mount.

near future plans: estoril alloys, coilovers - perhaps, wheel bearings soon.

alternative plans: spend what i need to only and save for the VR6

cheers

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSCF0058.JPG[/attachment:702b7]

ETKA Corrado.pdfDSCF0058.JPG[/attachment:702b7]

Corrado92.pdfDSCF0057.JPG[/attachment:702b7]

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfDSCF0061.JPG[/attachment:702b7]

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSCF0064.JPG[/attachment:702b7]

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSCF0069.JPG[/attachment:702b7]

DSCF0060.JPG[/attachment:702b7]

Looking very nice, think your right about the wheels and coilovers, i'm getting a set of KW's fitted down at Star in a couple of weeks, we could go for a mini group buy and get Jim to lower the price :)

Very nice mate.

Gotta love Satin Silver Rados.

Just how mine looked when i bought mine. Except mine came with Polished Estorils.

I really need to get some updated pics of mine on here.

Very nice mate.

Gotta love Satin Silver Rados.

Just how mine looked when i bought mine. Except mine came with Polished Estorils.

I really need to get some updated pics of mine on here.

Is yours the 16v turbo that Darren had for a while??

Really like Silver Rados, i looked at a valver a few years back with black leather and aircon, i shoulld have bought it!!!

cheers for the comments everyone.

currently on look out for some estorils .... watch this space

cheers

Looking very nice, think your right about the wheels and coilovers, i'm getting a set of KW's fitted down at Star in a couple of weeks, we could go for a mini group buy and get Jim to lower the price :)

Nice thought Bill ! but having just coughed up for the exhaust and service the car pot is now dry for the next few months :( .

Finally got round to putting up some pics of the new project. She has been looked after well, but needs a bit of TLC at this stage but for an 18yrs old she is in pretty good nick. Bonus is the interior, which was retrimmed in leather 3 yrs ago, not sure if i would have used the colour combo. interior just needs a good clean up. going by the thread that was talking about what denotes an early valver, this is. no sunroof, elec mirrors but keep fit windows. no side repeaters either. Ive known this car for about 15 yrs & i cant ever remember it having them ? but it did have a knock so maybe the wings were changed.

mechanically seems sound pulls well all through the rev range, with only a slight rattle from the top end at idle. done around 137,000 now. Drives far better than the 2.0 did, but perhaps helped by the standard wheels and having new track rod ends, ball joints, top mounts and front springs not too long ago. its only done about 7K in the last 4 yrs. sorted out uneven idle with £10 ISV off e-bay and put new set HT leads on since i have had it.

body needs sorting - little bits in sills and arches so thats the first job. The rear bumper has been butchered for the tow bar which was fitted, but managed to source an early style rear locally. The MOT runs out and of April so will run it till then, put it on for another & see what needs done. then its getting stripped for the boywork to get done. once thats done will started on the rest.

given its age, i am tempted to keep it pretty standard with some subtle upgrades yet to be deciced upon.

:shock: that rear bumper is mullered! Looks like a clean original car, maybe the seats would ahve been better all black? what month was it registered in? as it has a facelift bonnet on for sure, mine is a H plate (G60) registered on 28th June 1991 and it has early non bulge bonnet and multi slat grille, also all cars after 1990 need to have side repeaters on the wings so they must have been deleted as a mod by the last owner prehaps?

:shock: that rear bumper is mullered! Looks like a clean original car, maybe the seats would ahve been better all black? what month was it registered in? as it has a facelift bonnet on for sure, mine is a H plate (G60) registered on 28th June 1991 and it has early non bulge bonnet and multi slat grille, also all cars after 1990 need to have side repeaters on the wings so they must have been deleted as a mod by the last owner prehaps?

was registered 1st aug 1990. bonnet has been changed. Maybe side repeaters were taken out, i dont know but i will ask. the seats grow on you after a while...... honest :o

Mot is now out. Had a bit of spare time today, so thought i would make a start on the rear end refurb. i had put the rear up on axle stands a few days ago, and been liberally spraying WD40 at all the rusted bolts over this time, after a lot of wire brushing first. Seemed to pay off (or more likely i was just v lucky :lol:) as no major probs getting any off. i was sure the carrier bolts would be a nightmare, but no. pass side rear caliper looks pretty new, driver side was siezed already.

collecting what i can for shotblasting and will then repaint. just need to pluck up a bit more courage before i take the axle off.

Oh yeah .... if any one wants a tow bar.....

:wink:

Have now got the rear beam off. It and some other bits & pieces off to get shot blasted. As expected had to cut off the rear brake lines as flexi/solid unions were rusted solid, and then disconnected the remainder of the rears from the brake compensator. so all new rear brake lines.

had to take off the exhuast to remove the heat sheilding on the floor pan to get brake line off so gave it a clean up while i was at it.

next plan: start collecting parts to get it back together again.climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfcar rear end refurb before (1).JPG[/attachment:32km1gbf]

well I thought I would post some pictures of the latest edition !

picked this up in Staffordshire about a month ago. Had a good drive back up after a trip down on the train to view it.

93 VR6 flash red. 148K. has had some top end work, chains & guides done about 20K ago. Not really done too much yet, other than a good clean after its run home. removed its single wiper conversion and put some lupo ones on. Have some front discs and pads to go on soon and needs some new tyres. Needs a little paint here and there, so should hopefully getting that done next month or so.

Pretty pleased with it so far, but no doubt it will decide to eat up some cash soon... it is a C after all :)

I am no photographer, sorry for the low quality images.

Welcome to the Vr club Steve, looks pretty tidy, not sure about the George Micheal reg plate :camp: :lol:

Welcome to the Vr club Steve, looks pretty tidy, not sure about the George Micheal reg plate :camp: :lol:

LOL ! i hadn't really thought that, but you are the second person to make that comment

got round to fittimg some new front discs and pads today. Old ones were goosed. Gave the arches a clean as well & reapinted the calipers and carriers. Cleaned up ok, but to be fair they weren't that bad to start with.

getting ready to go the body shop for a few minor repairs, nothing too drastic. had outer CV boot replaced, new ball joints, ARB links, new front tyres & 4 wheel alignment done since last post. Busy collecting some parts to do the rear brakes when i have some time.

had a quick pop up to the piant shop today to drop in a new window seal. Managed to get some pics when i was there.

should get it back next w/e.

Been collecting some parts to get the rear brakes refurbed, inc new back plates etc. Hopefully get them on sometime.

got back from the paintshop. he made a nice job. I put it up on stands and refurbed the rear end. new back plates & bolts, balsted & painted the carriers, new calipers (both were pretty done, new wheel bearings, abs rings, took off & cleaned rear shocks, new top mounts, cleaned & then re painted the inner arches. I just need some new rear tyres now.

Also managed to replace all the missing door trims from those left behind from the old valver.

The idle was all over the place so cleaned out the ISV which made all well. removed the induction kit & put back to standard with K&N panel filter.

Its now in standard form, other than wiper upgrade & greenstuff pads.

Actually managed to drive it yesterday....i had forgotten how well it drives. Might try out some braided brake hoses, see if the pedal feels less spongy.

My camera takes naff pics.

well after a winter of fiddling with it (does that sound wierd !) its MOT time tommorow. Have fixed up what i found to be an issue and checked for nothing silly, but being the pessimist i am I fully suspect it will fail on something, bit worried about the emissions as it has been sat for so long, so it will get a good blast on route there.

on the up side, looking forward to driving it for the first time in nearly 8 months :lol:

must post up pics at some point.