Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

When 1001PS isn't enough

nice, strangely i like that colour combination. i thought i read somewhere the veyrons were more than 1000bhp anyway, more like 1100bhp as they had to be sure it was producing at least 1000bhp being that is one of the main marketing points?

wonder what was changed, a remap maybe? claims he lives permanently in the 7 star hotel too! suppose its cheaper than buying a multi-million pound house, and they make your bed for you 8)

Sigh. How the other half live eh?

More like 0.0001%! :D

nice, strangely i like that colour combination. i thought i read somewhere the veyrons were more than 1000bhp anyway, more like 1100bhp as they had to be sure it was producing at least 1000bhp being that is one of the main marketing points?

wonder what was changed, a remap maybe? claims he lives permanently in the 7 star hotel too! suppose its cheaper than buying a multi-million pound house, and they make your bed for you 8)

It does look gorgeous, but seems a tad pointless at the same time. I thought they actually produced a shade less than the claimed 1001bhp, but VW wanted to have their 1000hp car and fudged the figures a bit. Or maybe I'm just talking bulwarks.

They produce a minimum of 987bhp (1001PS) but this is calculated at altitude (4500 feet IIRC) - at a more normal altitude they are reputed to produce closer to 1100bhp (about 1120PS).

They produce a minimum of 987bhp (1001PS) but this is calculated at altitude (4500 feet IIRC) - at a more normal altitude they are reputed to produce closer to 1100bhp (about 1120PS).

So whats the difference between bhp and ps? I could look it up but want to make someone feel good about enlightening me. :D

So whats the difference between bhp and ps? I could look it up but want to make someone feel good about enlightening me. :D

ooo que super geek engineer :lol:

1 ps = 0.986 hp basically used as a marketing ploy as we're constandly told they're pretty much the same, a bit like but opposite principals to selling something for £9.99 rather than £10, i.e. mk5 golf gti i think is advertised as having the magic 200ps which is actually 197bhp, but it sounds more impressive to say you have over 200 than 100 and a bit

PS is the standardised form of brake horse power.

bhp was always an imperial measure, so PS was introduced as a metric equivalent. No doubt wikipedia has more information about this than you would really give a shit about ..