Sign in to follow this  
Owen VR6

Ebay uprated wiring loom

Personally I'd get one with two relays so you get the main beam light of your H4 bulb in your dipped lamps at the same time as the H3 of your main beam lamps.

That really makes a difference.

Mine was £45 from Venom motorsport 9 years ago. Since then I've used 2 sets of H4 bulbs and had 1 fuse in the loom blow, which is no prob as main beam and dipped circuits have a fuse each

so you always have your dipped beam available though you may have to swop a fuse to 'get you home'. Sorted 8)

Used to be someone doing them on here somewhere try a search.

I got my original one of the bay great upgrade but the wires were way too short to reach, had to extend them and too short to hide anywhere, ended up embalmed in duck tape on the top of the battery!! That one will only do your main or high beam not both, you'd need two to do them both.

To be honest give it a go building one yourself, easyier than it sounds, I got all the bits including a waterproof box to hide it all in from Maplin for about £22! Took me about two hours with the old one as a guide.

There is a Knowledge Base item which will help.............

ive just bought one mate, i got the oter one where it does dip and main beam! best to get that one really as i made one my self for my golf cabriolet and the main beam was awsome!! lit the country roads wickd, with a good set of uprated headlamp bulbs,

but the thing im stuck on is, it says that i have to remove the dim dip function, any1 know? my old golf didnt have this.

simon

to get rid of the dim-dip just unplug the big resisitor thats tucked under the inner wing with 2 yellow wires. feel around underneath the top of the wing for a cylinder about the size of a packet of polos and unplug the wires, sorted :)

chears dude!

sorted, its fitted and working!! ive measured the voltage before and after:

before:

dip beam 8.9volts main beam 10.2volts

after:

dip deam 10.4 volts main beam 11.98volts :D

defo defo defo worth it! spot on! absolutly wicked! the kit i bought was 30quid this one done both dip and main beam, came with a fuse box holder and all relays and all cables, cables where insulted with some sort of corrigated tubing that had a crimp thing on each end to seal the wires to stop water going down the tube, he bloke also even labld all the wires. it arrived all ready assembld and all i ad to do was locate what wires to cut and join, defo worth 30quid as i reckon i could of made it for 15uid, spent an hour or so fiddling about cuting and crimping wires and making it up, i thought it was easier buying the kit.

simon

get some osram silverstars or those mental philips one in and its even better 8)

defo best mod on these old volkswagens, prob one of safest too. i had a similar voltage drop on my passat and the headlights were pathetic and yellow- now with the new bulbs theyre bright white like HID's :D

This might sound stupid but is

Dipped beam:The first setting on the switch

Main beam:The second setting on the switch

High beam:When you pull the indicator stalk towards you?

I've just bought one of these kits (the one that does both) and i got a bit confused. I presume the kit improves your dipped and main beam, but doesn't alter the High beam?

Cheers for any help!!

This might sound stupid but is

Dipped beam:The first setting on the switch

Main beam:The second setting on the switch

High beam:When you pull the indicator stalk towards you?

I've just bought one of these kits (the one that does both) and i got a bit confused. I presume the kit improves your dipped and main beam, but doesn't alter the High beam?

Cheers for any help!!

first setting on switch is sidelights, and if the ignition is on then dim-dip will come on too (dip beam at 1/2 voltage)

second setting is dip beam

pulling stalk gives main beam.

fitting the realy kit will get rid of the dim-dip as you need to unplug the yellow wires going to the resisitor under the wing. Otherwise turning your sidelights on will make your dip beam come on.