OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

Car looked awesome at the show and shine. I never really understood what the fuss was about on this thread but seeing it in the flesh blew me away today, the wheels are awesome and it honestly looked like a brand new Corrado!

Car was looking good mate. again i got some pictures of it so ill put em up when ive got em edited :)

Lol I think it would be out of my price range nowadays.

lol mine too, think I have 'invested' enough money into it over the last 2 years to have been able to buy another 2 reasonable/good Corrados for the same money. I'd hate to start from scratch again

Thanks for some of the great comments:afro: it really is genuinely appreciated. Sometimes it feels like a big commitment to try to keep on top of everything and ensure its well presented, but a run out in the sun, catching up with friends and some of the interest shown in the car by other enthusiasts makes it all worthwhile. Feel the love.

Awesome Rado, love it on the CH's

What sort of money would you consider selling for?

Awesome Rado, love it on the CH's

What sort of money would you consider selling for?

I can't envisage putting it up for sale especially when prices aren't very healthy and its far too good to give away. That said I would perhaps consider selling it if the right offer was ever made but i suspect that day may never come. I suppose the frustration comes from knowing no matter how good your Corrado they always will take a bit more of your money that you know you'll never get back. That said in the hobby car v new car depriciation argument it probably isn't too painfull and I do still love it.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

Stunning car- not seen it yet this year- going to National Day, Gareth?

would be good, will aim to make it finances permitting

Love it.

Must be nice only having to worry about what set of gorgeous wheels to put on the car next :D

Can you do anymore to this? Any plans?

And dont mod it more for modding sake, it is perfect. Just wondering is all.... :)

Love it.

Must be nice only having to worry about what set of gorgeous wheels to put on the car next :D

Can you do anymore to this? Any plans?

And dont mod it more for modding sake, it is perfect. Just wondering is all.... :)

Thanks Leonard:thumbleft:

I think that i've finally overcome my wheel obsession and will look to not only scale back but stop looking for anything else. I have had many of the rims that suit a Corrado on the car and for me my preference is always period styling hence the option BBS RS 301s are perfect and in truth the only wheels that make the car truly feel like mine, they were always part of the plan and I bought the RS before finding the 'right' car. (please no one tempt me with Nothelles!)

As a quick reminder to myself here are the wheels that have graced the car.

Speedlines (OE)

BBS RX11 16"

BBS RS 301 (original)

BBS RS 301 (polished dishes, gold bolts)

RH ZW1 17" 8x17

Azev A 17" 8x17

BBS RX11 17"

BBS RS 301 (staggered 8" rear, black centre)

BBS RX 17"

BBS RS 301 (staggered 8" rear, bright modern silver, polished dishes)

Compomotive MO 8x17

BBS RS 301 (original, unrefurbished, 19years old and going strong)

BBS CH 8.5x17

So having been through that I suspect i'll be left with Speedlines in reserve, Compomotives as the default, BBS RS for best lol.

Plans involve just focusing on maintenance and preserving its condition, I don't want to modify the car beyond the few subtle touches already done as I want to retain the essence of a period modern classic rather than a constantly evolving custom creation. I do like period OE accessories and rare parts though and I think things like the gauge pack, Recaros, RS 301 and BBS steering wheel add to its charm.

A modest yet invisible boost in performance would always be welcome and I think I will look at acquiring another steering wheel in need of a retrim. Thats probably about it.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh and a mint standard 'chrome' Corrado script rear badge so I can run it on a full set of 'chrome' badges when the mood takes me. Anyone in a position to help with that?

Edited by OSV

Thanks Leonard:thumbleft:

I think that i've finally overcome my wheel obsession and will look to not only scale back but stop looking for anything else. I have had many of the rims that suit a Corrado on the car and for me my preference is always period styling hence the option BBS RS 301s are perfect and in truth the only wheels that make the car truly feel like mine, they were always part of the plan and I bought the RS before finding the 'right' car. (please no one tempt me with Nothelles!)

As a quick reminder to myself here are the wheels that have graced the car.

Speedlines (OE)

BBS RX11 16"

BBS RS 301 (original)

BBS RS 301 (polished dishes, gold bolts)

RH ZW1 17" 8x17

Azev A 17" 8x17

BBS RX11 17"

BBS RS 301 (staggered 8" rear, black centre)

BBS RX 17"

BBS RS 301 (staggered 8" rear, bright modern silver, polished dishes)

Compomotive MO 8x17

BBS RS 301 (original, unrefurbished, 19years old and going strong)

So having been through that I suspect i'll be left with Speedlines in reserve, Compomotives as the default, BBS RS for best lol.

Plans involve just focusing on maintenance and preserving its condition, I don't want to modify the car beyond the few subtle touches already done as I want to retain the essence of a period modern classic rather than a constantly evolving custom creation. I do like period OE accessories and rare parts though and I think things like the gauge pack, Recaros, RS 301 and BBS steering wheel add to its charm.

A modest yet invisible boost in performance would always be welcome and I think I will look at acquiring another steering wheel in need of a retrim. Thats probably about it.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 AM ----------

Oh and a mint standard 'chrome' Corrado script rear badge so I can run it on a full set of 'chrome' badges when the mood takes me. Anyone in a position to help with that?

Top list of wheels! :D

I agree with everything you said there LOL. I am a bit tempted to go back to the ABT wheels that the car was graced with from almost new.

Hard with the engine mods isnt it. I think 263's and a VSR are about as non OE as Im happy with. Oh and i do have a chrome Corrado badge but was saving it for mine ;)

Best thing about these cars is once you have them looking as good as yours just sit back relax and enjoy them. All that money spent on modding can then be used to keep it in tip top condition, which add so much more to the car and driving experience than buying another piece of bling.

Anyway top work, keep it forever and dont even consider selling it! Even if the government ban petrol cars in 30 years time, I'd rather keep mine as a piece of art work representing all of the best things about the end of the 20th century than get rid ;)

Matt

I think we are in total agreement. The VSR, SP263s and remap are surely the way to go for OE looks with a nice rise in performance and I suspect as far as I would ever go. You've only got one spare badge then:shrug:

:bonk: lol I think i'll stick to wheels of the 3 piece variety rather than badges

Nothing shameless about it thats a great pic! will send you the original size! only had time to do a quick transfer to photobucket!

Well the stunning BBS CH have gone. They have found a new home on Roberts Satin Silver VR and they look stunning. Financial pressures meant I simply couldn't keep the wheels having looked forever to find them so the car will be rolling on the Compomotives, perhaps not as ultimately eyecatching but a really nice understated classic look.

Well the stunning BBS CH have gone. They have found a new home on Roberts Satin Silver VR and they look stunning. Financial pressures meant I simply couldn't keep the wheels having looked forever to find them so the car will be rolling on the Compomotives, perhaps not as ultimately eyecatching but a really nice understated classic look.

Still looking sweet though! Detailed on Sunday?