OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

Judith, i think yours is testament to what serious elbow grease can do to a car. Gareth's is just the ultimate OEM benchmark. tbh, i use both yours and OSVs as inspiration and a hopeful objective.

Butterfly / Judith here...

Thank you but seeing that pic of OSVs underneath makes me want to go out and give mine another scrub...... but I can't at the mo as the car is down at DG for a bit of engine bay tlc... (nothing as obsessive as Kips recent work though) LOL

I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, my car is certainly not faultless or indeed concours clean. The idea is to create a cohesive whole look for the car which idealy looks remarkably clean and well preserved for its age, but its nice to have that period patina of age about the car. I dont want it to look freshly rebuilt or restored. So please be gentle if you ever see it.

Just the kind of comment i give to folk looking over mine too Gareth :lol:

I'm not really a show going person, but there are now a few cars on this forum- pretty much all the well known ones (this being one of them), that I'd love to see in the flesh. Can you all decide on a show so I can see them all at once !!! :D

Looks like you better get down to Stanford Hall Chris :wave:

Just been for my MOT, quite a stress free experience, when they got it up in the air and saw all the recent work underneath they realised it wasn't worth pulling and poking, it just sailed through with the obligatory piss taking in my direction :dorky:

Gave the underarches a quick wipe over and now that this dirty little job is done I think I can leave the tinkering for this year. A good wash and if its lucky a swift once over with the polishing rag and I should be all set to enjoy the rarified atmosphere of Standford Hall in a few weeks and the rest of the Summer too

Quick try of rim too, be rude not to.

IMG_1313.jpg

read through your thread and have to say your car is stunning!! couldn't even begin to think i could clean a car like this..

Bally posted a picture of a car on your thread with the wheels i just ordered for mine. :D page 16 in descending order!

the side moldings look good on yours (as you suggested) mite see about putting them back on at some point.

Well my back seats are back now and fitted, if you have been following the thread you will have seen the work on my front Recaros which have been retrimmed to a very high standard and are beyond factory fresh. My rear seats were immaculate, the best i'd seen (due to lack of use) but the leather upholstery in Corrados was never tight enough from the outset infact I have heard comments about the centres being ruffled/pleated such is the sagging that occurs on the stock trim, so the rears have now been done and are now tight as a drum and looking great, I can't take a good picture to save my life but I have posted one to give you an idea.

Once fitted it was time to take a couple of pics for my insurance, the exterior is dirty and dusty at the moment but I thought i'd pop up an engine bay and interior shot. Interior is stock OE except for the period BBS 3 spoke steering wheel and engine bay is pretty much too apart from a couple if minor non cosmetic upgradres such as leads and gruven parts radiator neck. For me I think it shows a clean well spec'd car can look great with its period charm intact

IMG_1353.jpg

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1362.jpg

Wait for the arse marks in those front seats...lol sorry mate couldn`t resist...jealously is an awful thing..!!!! :gag:

Superb gareth, perfect corrado... roll on sunday..!!

if only they came out the factory like this!!!! i sooooo want a set of Recaro's now. Nice steering wheel there Gareth i know some one with like that lol snap :grin:

Im sat here drooling at those pics. That engine bay looks like the cars never been ran... the interior never been sat in. Its truely an amazing car. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Thanks people, sometimes it just feels like hard work, anxiety and expense but its really reassuring to get a good response. It feels like i'm in too deep to ever consider changing the car now so I hope to simply enjoy it

Thanks people, sometimes it just feels like hard work, anxiety and expense but its really reassuring to get a good response. It feels like i'm in too deep to ever consider changing the car now so I hope to simply enjoy it

I know the feeling, and im not doing it to half the standard, you, Kip, or Judith etc (wish i could and if i had the money i probably would and i also wish my Corrado wasnt a daily especially in the winter i soooooooooooo need a double garage) are doing it to i take my hat off:salute: keep up the good work :notworthy:

Great day out yesterday, excellent run down to Stanford Hall with Butler, quality show and quality people, good to catch up and met a few new people too

Got sent this link which has a few pics from the show including a nice B&W one of mine, sky behind looks very dramatic

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/s ... p?t=167150