Sign in to follow this  
jonesyUK

Sunroof won't close. AAAAARGH!

OK, I know there are loads of past threads on this but none of them has answered my problem. Sunroof worked fine on my new corrado 2.0 16V N reg for a few days but now it no longer closes or lifts up. It does still open with the switch and winds in fine with the allen key. Whe I press the open button there is a definite click that comes from the motor however with the other 2 buttons there is no click from the motor at all when I press them. This makes me think that the motor is fine (as it was working before), and that the problem is possibly the switch. I have taken the switch unit apart and swapped the microswitches around inside, from the working switch to the ones that aren't working and still there is nothing.

What do you think?

Is there a way of connecting together the wires coming from the switch in order to bypass it and find out if it is that or the motor that is the problem?

Mine did this once, but all I had to do was disconnect the switch from it's cables, found nothing wrong then reconnected it all .. and everything started working again.

I am guessing there's a faulty relay in the control box, but haven't had the problem since.

I get this problem it opens fine(somethimes have to open back before it will lift). but 70% of the time doesn't want to close with the button

Mine did this once, but all I had to do was disconnect the switch from it's cables, found nothing wrong then reconnected it all .. and everything started working again.

I am guessing there's a faulty relay in the control box, but haven't had the problem since.

oddly enough, same here. moonroof had completly died, unplugged the switch, plugged it back in and it worked. weird.