Sign in to follow this  
Forum Transporter

Having trouble getting your parts delivered?

Hi everyone,

I'm a petrolhead courier with a big interest in cars. I've seen that nobody wants to travel to pick-up those bits and bobs you need from the other side of the country. But after alot of thinking I’ve decided to take this up full time.

I’ve decided to become a provider of a forum courier and I hope you can give me the chance to show you the service I can provide, and support me in my venture. At the same time if one of the mods would like details of my address / registration etc etc I am more than happy to provide these.

I think the point that pushed me over the edge was when I needed a mint bonnet coming down to me from up north. I just could trust anyone to do it. So drove for 12hours to pick it up. Not cost effective but it was satisfying :oops:

I will be based from the Milton Keynes area where I have rented and insured a good sized secure unit, and am available to reach at all times.

I am happy to deliver anything that can fit in the vehicle and will be doing a door to door service. If you are a trader looking for a new courier, someone who just hates packing things and queuing at the Post Office, or even someone who doesn’t trust the likes of parcel force etc, then I am your man.

An idea of prices is listed below:

Bumper - £22.50

4 Wheels - £45

Alternator - £10

An engine - £75

*I should add that we have transit cover for £10,000 and a public liability of £1m.

If you have any questions or would like any quotes etc please feel free to PM me or call me on 07903 649 230. I would be greatful! :)

Thank you.

I have to say this is a potentially great business idea. Distance and concern about couriers seems to be a major barrier to a lot of sales on this forum. Look forward to seeing some feedback if folks end up using you!

Assuming you're happy sending me a little info on your background, and the details you mentioned, that'd be helpful :)

Hey Jim,

Thanks for letting me post-up. I've PM'd you my details. If you require anything in addition feel free to ask. Other then that I hope to see some enquires from you guys soon :D

Cheers!

Sounds pretty cool!

So, let me get this straight, if I wanted an engine picked up in Aberdeen and delivered to me in Cornwall, you'd drive your van to Aberdeen - pick up the engine and then drive it to my house in Cornwall...for £75?

Forgive me if i've missed something as i'm a bit hungover - but if the above is correct it sounds like a great deal!

Depending on exactly what block it is (with regards to weight / size) I would plan my route so when I am near Aberdeen I would pick it up. And when I am near cornwall I would drop off. So effectively, i'm not going *that* far out of my way due to other nearbly drops in both areas.

The idea is to be consistent with prices. Or it sort of defeats the objective of a fair forum courier.

Cheers.

Sounds great fella, I reckon you could be onto a winner.

Best of luck with it all and i'll keep you in mind.

Great idea.

I might need to get a cylinder head from Preston to Notts in the next week or so, how much for this?

Dave

Sounds like a great idea!

My main problem with Parcelforce etc is that I basically have to take a day out of the office to sit at home for hours on end waiting for them to show up! would you be able to offer a bit more accurate of a pick-up or delivery time? Or just give a call/text to let people know you are on your way or nearly there?

Also with the way you would arrange to collect/deliver things, I guess it would take a few days longer than a standard courier to deliver? (not that, that's usually a problem at all!)

For a normal 16v head I would charge £40 providing it can be put into the van without the use of a crane or similar.

Being one person, it's no commercial pap. The service would be personal.

If you want me to load up from your garden, then meet you at work for payment that would be fine. If you need 30 mintues notice, again this would be fine. Ideally, i'd like to finnish a run in the same day. But I have got the insured unit, just incase I need to store.

Naturally I havn't got a boss telling me to hurry etc, so I am much more flexible :)

Hi Chap...

Looking at doing a wheel swop with a guy from Scotland, but am in London.. would it still be £45 to take my wheels up there and bring his back?

Cheers,

Jon.

Edit.. not to worry he's back out now..