Sign in to follow this  
rustyturret

1995 VR6 front speaker size?

Hi all,

This is my first post on the forum as I have just bought my first Corrado :D have to say I'm enjoying the experience so far, certainly a bit different to my gti!!

It's a 1995 VR6 with full leather recaro interior and was just wondering if anyone knows the front door pod speaker sizes? if you do it would save me the hassel of an extra strip down to find out....and besides every time you remove trim you run the risk of things going snap hey!

So any answers would be appreciated,

Cheers in advance.....

Well I'm not sure! I kind of like the car standard and was just looking for a little more umphhhh from the system. Do these speaker pods look standard or are they a bit "karlos fandango"?

With the standard pod size your never really going to get a little oomph

Draw your own conclusions but personally i think they update the doors without been in your face.

Also its not fitted quite right at the mo on mine was a rush job :)

They're actually 6.5" sir :norty:

They also aint cheap tho - I think they're about £130 a set... just for the enclosures.

I'd certainly start with some sound deadening (Dynamat or similar) on the outer door skin and go from there.

That extra half inch always makes the difference :lol:

Although not the cheapest they do give a good solid proper base without going to the custom build route for the speakers to play better, they're not plastic and they feel nice, still trimmed in the door pocket base, basically another how they should have come from the factory.

Agree get some dynamat.