Sign in to follow this  
Dutch24V

ABS keeps blowing fuse 16

As the title says really.

I have disconnected the rear spoiler with no luck so I unplugged the ABS ECU and it doesn't blow anymore. As I cannot switch the ignition on with the ABS ecu connected without the fuse blowing I cannot VAG-COM it :(

Any ideas on where to begin with this one? Is there some common fault that will blow the fuse like this, for example the pump itself maybe?

Thanks,

Dutch

15Amp - most likely a dead short...

ABS is all on seperate fuses but i wonder if it's something to do with the light - have you unplugged this?

Hi mate,

I haven't unplugged the light and all was well until I returned from a drive and noticed the rear spoiler was still up. Without the abs ecu connected the fuse doesn't blow and the light comes on and stays on too.

I guess with all the work done recently it could be a short somewhere. I didn't really touch the ABS wiring though and nothing else appears to have stopped working :?

If I unplug all the abs wiring but leave the abs ecu connected it still blows though so guess it's looking more like the wiring or the ecu itself :(

Dutch