Sign in to follow this  
Tempest

Karmann alowed to build VW Polo Cabrio

Finally!!!!

Karmann have presented a Polo Cabrio design study at the IAA in Frankfurt, and according to the Springer owned equivalent of AutoExpress in Germany, AutoBild, Karmann are now allowed to build this car.

Soooo, the brothers and sisters driving this Polo cabrio will hopefully also come to realise that they, too, drive a car, that's been designed and built by Karmann.

What I'm really hopeful for is that this may spell the beginning of another successful collaboration between Karmann and VW. Iroc cabrio springs to mind :-) Now if such a car would be designed and built by Karmann, I'd consider it, but the Portugal-built original Iroc is still a no-go for me.

Tempest

Great news for Karmann, and something small and pretty aggressive looking there for VW!

Gotta be better than a 207CC whichever way you look at it!

Does anyone else think that the car is either really BIG or the guy sitting in the car in picture 4 is really small?? the wing mirror looks like its bigger than his head??

Hopefully the story is true and Karmann can build this car, no doubt it would be a good seller too which would be just what they need. Although the main carbody looks ok, personally I'm not too keen on the shape of that fabric roof from certain angles. .