Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

Cars you've nearly bought??????

I have to admit I looked very hard at both the Impreza Turbo and the Integra Type-R before I test drove the VR6.

Looking back on it now I'm pleased I discounted the Impreza as they are so common that even the old grannies in Bournemouth drive them now... I must admit I still have a curiosity over the Type-R though... if I were to get a second car that would probably be a candidate.

John

When I was 16 about to turn 17. I went to look at a Nova SR for £1000 even offered hime £800 which he refused. I'm so glad my mate said at the time it was knackered but I was young and excited! PEW, lucky because I bought a VW Scirrocco Storm a few weeks later for £900 which was pritty mint! :D :D The old guy that I bought it off had no idea what it was, honestly.

Arrgghh NOVA's, what a totaly shit car! simple!!

Well, funnily enough - when I was thinking what to get after my MX5 and before Corrado popped in my head, I found a mint, cheap, lovely example of a BMW 840... Man, I wish I had the money I had then!! (I paid for my C with cash and still own the MX5 - it's in the garage!)

I dunno when I'll grow out of the C, but I'm having funny feelings towards a Nissan 300ZX TwinTurbo, or maybe calm down a bit and get a TDi 150 and tune it up.

Doubt I could run the 300ZX along side the C, but maybe the TDi ;)

Nearly bought an 8v GTi... until I test drove it, and then I bought it..

nearly bought a corrado VR6... until I test drove it, and then I bought....

Moral of the story..never test drive nice cars unless you're already prepared to buy it if its up to scratch

e30 320 convertible. in black. Rear wheel drive scares the sh*t out of me tho :(

Polo G40, i was really really thinkin, but changed my mind to Rado.

my biggest regret is not buying a black MKI Golf GTI whaen i had the chance. guy was leaving to australia, phoned up for it, and it had been sold that night!!!!!!!

Gutted :cry:

Still want one. and i WILL have one :D

Tvr Cerbera a few years ago. omg it was fast scared the crap out of me. Untill i found out the insurance cost #5,000 a year :roll:

:)

Polo G40, i was really really thinkin, but changed my mind to Rado.

A G40 would be a perfect 2nd car :D , they are so much fun, I don't think anyone would not buy one if they drove a good one 8)

Alan

Nearly bought a pulsar GTI R but couldnt bring my self to get rid of my Rado its to good a car depsite having to throw money at it all the time :mad:

nearly bought an ice cream van - test drove it but the bloke wouldn't let me play the music. thought it would be a lark. can't rmember why i didn't? Hmmm, there's a thought :lol:

tt

I almost bought a Mazda Rx-7 twin turbo, until I found out about the engine rebuild which is needed after a few 000 miles.

I really like the Nissan Skyline R33 but then I decided to go mad and build a corrado which would leave all them standing..

Well, funnily enough - when I was thinking what to get after my MX5 and before Corrado popped in my head, I found a mint, cheap, lovely example of a BMW 840... Man, I wish I had the money I had then!! (I paid for my C with cash and still own the MX5 - it's in the garage!)

;)

nice motors the 8 series......one of the MD's of a local printer we use for "more involved" work has one a M-plate 840Ci......costs him an absolute fortune to run the thing £1k a pop servicing etc :shock: :shock: :shock: and pretty poor reliability too :shock:

Nearly bought a bread van but i could'nt raise the doe.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

The old ones are the best !! :lol: :lol: :lol: