Sign in to follow this  
Paulr1980

FINISHED... new update.

At the moment for the first couple of month I'll be using the standard dizzy. Not ideal I know but I've spent enough for the moment.

As soon as I'm back on track with my bank account (couple of weeks) I'll pop to Omex (who are 5 minutes from where I work) and get them to sort me out with mapable ignition.

A friend of mine is running twin 40's on his 16v MkI Golf. He is running MegaJolt, which is a mappable ignition system, and if I remember rightly it was about £70 from the states. It uses a throttle position sensor, a hall sensor running from a trigger wheel welded to the alternator pulley and Ford EDIS ignition module and coil. It works really well, so that might be a cheaper option. Another mate saw the MegaJolt on the Golf and bought one to run on his 1970's landrover! Worked a treat on that too!!

Looking good Paul. Can't wait to see this one, looks a nice piece of engineering.

A guy at work has Megajolt on his kit car. It works a treat, and yes very cheap but also easy to setup.

I've done it!!! With no real clue what to do other than some basic understanding of what needs to come off and some guess work and magic, I've got a fully running car on bike carbs.

No dodgy idle, no misfires, no poor revving. Just perfect..

Ok, not strictly true. The throttle is a little sticky so isn't too quick to slow the revs down on over-run but that's tiny.

Should be MOT'd be Tuesday and on the road weds.

Misson fucking acomplished!

Now, where did I put that bit of paper with the Megajolt diagram again lol