Sign in to follow this  
jslootweg

Wrong engine delivered.

I just bought an engine to replace my current 2.0 16v engine.(that engine is pretty knackered now.) The engine arrived this morning and it happens to be a 1.8 lump instead of a 2.0l lump. Which is very annoying to be honest. Is it possible to put the 1.8 engine in with the 9a fueling system. Because i will need that for the emissions tests and what have you.

It is possible but surely if they sent the wrong engine then you can send it back and have the right one sent out to you?

Yeah i could send it back but i had it delivered on a pallet and it was pretty pricey it would cost me loads to send it back again. I'm thinking maybe i could fit the 1.8 then rebuild the 2.0l as a project. If thats possible?

Fair enough - I don't know the ins and outs of doing it but my C originaly had a KR bottom end when I bought it and I only found out further down the line when I had to change it again and VW wouldn't let me have the sur-charge back on the new 9A lump as it wasn't like for like :(

If the company you bought it from sent the wrong one then surely it's up to them to arrange collection and put this right? Got to be worth a call?

I have to agree with Phil, here, the company is at fault and have supplied you with the incorrect engine. Plus the 2.0l block is worth plenty more than the 1.8. Call them and tell them you want it sorted.

I'm with these guys. Although you could just whack it in (although I think you'd have problems with there being nowhere to mount the knock sensors on the KR) it's not really the point. If they genuinely said it was a 2.0 16v then you should have them, Stu's right, the 2L bottom end is worth more.

Right well I have sent a reply to the guy. I have told him that i don't think i should pay for the postage of the item back to him. We'll see what he says to that!