Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

I'm not going to post loads of pictures as I've a few jobs to do before my new Storms debut but I've just done the most important job in making the car mine. (My initials are JH) :)

Edited by Butterfly

well it looks very shiny already Judith!! and know what you mean about the attachment you get when you put your own plate on - looks great!

Greedy is all i can say storms are rare as it is and you have two! lol! Looks just as good as the other one you own how many miles is low milage???

Nosey Trunkie Want a Bun! Lol! :lol:

Tis just under sixty for the moment but i might take it for a cheeky spin to whack the miles up when she's not looking :shock:

With the car being in Bristol for the last 6 months and me living in Sheffield it was a bit difficult to get anything done so there is no way it is going to be ready for this years show season but at least I have made a start.

The rear seats were showing signs of having had some hard wear in the past with a tear in the side panel and the larger frame bent. The car has been at an old school interior repair shop (Claytons, established 1908 ) the last two days and I have just picked her up. I am well chuffed and am raring to go with the next job.....

ETKA Corrado.pdfSeat before.JPG[/attachment:3jge2au2]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfSeat after.JPG[/attachment:3jge2au2]Corrado92.pdfseat 2 before.JPG[/attachment:3jge2au2]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfseat 2 after.JPG[/attachment:3jge2au2]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfmid before 2.JPG[/attachment:3jge2au2]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfmid after.JPG[/attachment:3jge2au2]

Just the lovely blue gear knob to replace and a really good clean and I think the interior is done :)

Edited by Butterfly

Those seats have come up very well, you must be well chuffed with them..

Love the gear knob.. :D

Think you need to put your steering wheel on the right way up too :tongue:

ha ha. I was probably a nervous wreck and just wanted to get out of the car as quick as possible having parked it at the bottom of the steep drive between house and concrete post fencing for the first time.

Can't wait to move and have loads of space, flat drive and A GARAGE to put her in. :clap:

Goldie - You want the gear knob too?? Yours for £5...... :lol:

Got an MOT today.

Luckily it was with a few advisories for things I want to get done so that means I HAVE to do them.

New exhuast and windscreen is in order :)

Last years MOT @58,946 this years @ 60379.

Poor thing is going to get a bit more use in future....been sat waiting for her fairy godmother too long :wink:

A bit more work completed. All wrapped up and ready to take to Stealth in early June.

Plus have a few other bits fitted but they aren't ready to photo yet (or will be sat there waiting for me to arrive as they don't need any prep :wink: )ETKA Corrado.pdfFront shock 1.JPG[/attachment:212nydg3]stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdfFront shock 2.JPG[/attachment:212nydg3]Corrado92.pdfFront shock 3.JPG[/attachment:212nydg3]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdfRear shock 1.JPG[/attachment:212nydg3]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfFront and Rear.JPG[/attachment:212nydg3]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfFront shock 5.JPG[/attachment:212nydg3]Rear shock 2.JPG[/attachment:212nydg3]

Does it not pain you to spend that much time and effort cleaning a part that you're never (unless you're very weird!) going to see and which is only going to get covered in crap as soon as you hit a puddle?

I mean, I think I get the whole concours thing, and I do agree with keeping a car clean (not that mine is any testament to that at the moment!), but it all just seems a bit :nuts: to me.

:shrug: Anyway, my point (he has a point?!), is that I'm sure all of your hard work will be worth it and the car will no doubt be stunning!

Looking good Judith. I always wondered what they might have looked like new - taking mine off very soon but won't be replaced with like for like!

When will she be making her debut then or have I missed it :( ?

Good work Judith!

I've been doing this recently too...the red paint on the sachs rear shocks doesn't hold up too well does it! :shrug:

@VR6, I'd say it's preventative measures: the more dirt you can keep off them, the less water retention on the metal surface there will be and the less rust :salute:

Same with bodywork et all.

Did you repaint the rear shockers, Judith, or were they just cleaned?

They were a few bits where the paint was flaking off so rubbed down with wet and dry then a few coat's of the old plasti-kote to indeed keep the water out and dirt off, not that it'll see much dirt mind :nono:

Debut should be at BVF :clap:

^

What he said. :)

but it all just seems a bit :nuts: to me

I don't disagree mith you mate but I can't supercharge / turbo the engine, am not interested in learning which wheels are 'in fashion' at the mo but I think I am doing a pretty good job at learning how to clean a car properly.... maybe it's because I'm a woman!!!! :roll: :smurfette:

Nice progress Judith, shame ill be missing the debut but ive no doubt it will only get better from there, its going to be rediculously clean...

I got my Storm from the paint shop just over a week ago and have been a bit busy between then and now.

With BVF 'tomorrow' I thought I ought to do a bit of cleaning!!!! Plenty more still to be done on it.

DSC03627.jpg[/attachment:9wpw0ask]

Big thanks to Kip for spending his afternoon off working on my car and not his.... :clap:

I could list all the bits of trim etc that were put back on or put back to standard yesterday but it would take me hours!!!!

To date I have not persuaded by other half to help clean the car :( Its obvious she wants to but remains strangely reticent :?

My youngest son is keen but we have not yet reached the point where he can be guaranteed not to drop the sponge on the drive and commence sandpapering the paintwork :shock: Maybe I should get some lace on sponge mits if such things exist :lol:

Looking forward to seeing your new pride and joy sometime - are you going to Castle Coombe at the end of the month?

Has this car still got the blue samco hoses? Was the one thing I didn't like about the car, along with the gearknob. Loving your work though Judith.