Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

She's been sat in the garage since coming home and had no attention at all.

I've got a list of things to do but going out to the garage in Jan / Feb weather is never very appealing to me.

Took some wheels for refurb this morning but that's it so far.

She's been sat in the garage since coming home and had no attention at all.

I've got a list of things to do but going out to the garage in Jan / Feb weather is never very appealing to me.

Took some wheels for refurb this morning but that's it so far.

more wheels

Spring must be coming cause

1) I had an hour or so of day light to play withthe car after work

2) I heard the dulcet tones of a football being kicked about at the bottom of the road

anyway..... my camera is fixed so here are a few updates.

(How do I title a pic now???)

Great front end pictures just what I need for reference :) Iam in the process of tidying up the front end myself. I have managed to take off the front bumper by unbolting the 4x bolts (these were well tight!!!!) If I take out the remaining smaller bolts I take it the cross member will just come off.

Think I will prob up my radiator like what you have done when I take out the radiator support without having to drain and waste the good coolant thats still in there :)

Ooh, don't ask me technical questions. Kip took it all off, I just fetched the tools as and when required!!

Though of course you are not planning on taking the 2 small bolts out before supporting the engine front in some way, are you!!!. In fact, seeing the poor condition of the 2 tiny bolts that are left supporting the front engine weight I was glad Kip put an axle stand under each end of the cross member where the bumper bolts had been removed to help the tiny bolts when we left it stood like that for a few days before the cross member itself came off.

If it's the storm you are doing there is also the power steering cooler pipe to remove before the rad support can be removed.

(EKTA actualy calls the parts 'engine support' and 'cross member' where we all seem to call them 'cross member' and 'rad support'... seems the bit the rad sits on is the cross member and the bit the bumper bolts go through is the engine support)

Edited by Butterfly

I had notice there was a pipe there but didnt know it was the power steering pipe as it was getting dark didnt get the chance to follow the pipe to see whee it was going to...I have supported the engine before I even removed the 4 bolts and its still supported.

Few more pics.

I've got the crossmember etc back. S'funny how a bit of black paint can make something look like a million $'s.

I could do with Mr Kippax to get back from holiday now so he can fit it all (f'ing smilies... why is it up there??? I wanted it HERE !!!)

Still waiting for the wheels. I collected them over a week ago then took them back as I wasn't happy. They were told I wanted the best best top job done and they replied 'all our work is the best'! It's a local company that Kip has always used so I was surprised at the quality they handed over. It will be interesting to see what they class a best / top job when they hand them over next time. Plus I will take time off to give me time to fully inspect every one before taking them.

lol at the smilies comment, brill.

Absolutely stunning powder coat result, did you do any extra prepping on that Jude?

I wore through a few flat wheels grinding the rad support back well. The cross member wasn't too bad, just a bit along the seams.

But Batchglow are the bees knees with the blasting they do. :) (I've realised old style smiles still work!!! Doh)

Well, well, well.

Last update April 2011 and here we are in 2012!

Yes I took it to Elsecar but Kip decided to take KIPVW at the last minute and beat me. He'll not be there this year so I'll have another go ;)

I'm not sure there was much 'work' to update the thread on re last year and likewise I've no real 'work' planned for this but I did get the car out of the garage again today and reseated a piece of internal trim that was bugging me all last summer having been inspired to actually get started on what few things need doing pre Stanford.

(Chris RW1, note STANFORD... I'm paying attention :) )

Update for Chris. See page 8 (if logged in), 19th Dec for pics of the two rear beam brake line clips.

It would be more useful if I had listed the part numbers for each type but I didn't...

Edited by Butterfly

Cheers Judith, found the clips on page 22!! mine I think are the more yellow coloured ones in the picture. Will bring a broken one on Sunday.

Wow. I did it. It took 7 years and a change of car but I won the Corrado/Scirocco (coupe) class at Stanford Hall at last.

Kip persuaded me to enter BVF in 2005 and from then on I've entered various concourse competitions. I've been 1st in a few others over the years and 2nd at Stanford but it's winning this one that really counts.

It has been a long and slow journey and loads of people have helped me in many ways over the years so I would like to say a

BIG THANK YOU

to you all. I did as much of the work as I could but my knowledge and capabilities in many areas meant I had to get the cheque book out or make use of peoples goodwill. However I always wanted to know the how and why things were done though I am sure many people would have rathered I just buggered off and left them to it. So, if you are one of those people I apologise for hanging around and asking stupid questions :)

Anyway. Some pics to update this thread.

In all honesty your strive for perfection has on occasion come across very blunt and competitive, but your dedication to the car and standards are superb and a real credit to you. It`s makes no difference to me that some work has been paid for and you`ve worked hard on the detailing and areas you can do.

It`s great that their are corrado`s that are finished to this spec and quality.

Well done judith.

In all honesty your strive for perfection has on occasion come across very blunt and competitive, but your dedication to the car and standards are superb and a real credit to you. It`s makes no difference to me that some work has been paid for and you`ve worked hard on the detailing and areas you can do.

It`s great that their are corrado`s that are finished to this spec and quality.

Well done judith.

I've said it many times before regarding Kips car, but this is my feeling on things. I don't get the concourse thing and I probably never will.. to me I'm happy with maintaining a car to a good standard and actually driving it and enjoying it. BUT. I am really pleased there are people out there with your level of dedication to these cars, keeping some in this condition.. hell, even the VW Museum doesn't keep it's cars to this standard.

Well done :)

Well done Judith and well deserved.

I would love to get mine to the condition of yours and maybe over time it may get there, I can totally understand why you do it. A big part of owning mine is because I enjoy cleaning it as much as I do the driving.

I'm still undecided whether to stick to the modified route (OEM+) or go back completely standard and go concours (I like the standard ride height) but I dont think I could ever compete with yours after seeing it at elsecar!

Keep up the good work.

Looks fantastic in the above picture, like walking into a VW showroom during the mid 90's :cool:

Even though i wouldn't want a concourse car myself, i'm glad there are those out there putting in the effort and even better that its a corrado your looking after so well.

Well done Judith.

It would be great if you could get the hat-trick. Tatton and Harewood as well.

Crikey, Imagine that.