Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

Very much so, when Judes rear beam was done and taken to DG Autotech for fitting Graham had to use an angle grinder to cleah up the stub axle mating surfaces as it is so damn tough. :brickwall: A bit glossier too but am sure it'll calm down with age :lol:

is this quite expensive , the beam axle but of cost a few quid. :shrug: im interested in this process, just need to know a ball park figure so i dont get ripped off,

is this quite expensive , the beam axle but of cost a few quid. :shrug: im interested in this process, just need to know a ball park figure so i dont get ripped off,

Are you ready??????

Cost of a rear beam to be blasted then nylon coated £40

Cost of front subframe with 3 petrol tank straps £40

I think its a ridiculous bargain if ever i saw one :clap:

Thats only for the bits blasting & finishing though Not fitting as well :lol: that was a lil bit more :pale: :lol:

By 'eck - you could eat your dinner off the underside of your car Judith!

]i couldn't have put that better myself it looks like its just come off the line!

are you for real, thats peanuts for all that work! im going to make some enquiries nxt week.

indeed - i've got a rear axle i want blasting and coating, plus invariably there will be more stuff :norty: Any contact details for the company that did it Kip?

those bits look so good, it must be quite addictive once you start getting things done like that,

one day I'm going to take mine all to bits and do something like that I reckon, one day :)

those bits look so good, it must be quite addictive once you start getting things done like that,

one day I'm going to take mine all to bits and do something like that I reckon, one day :)

It is addictive and it's all Brunys fault. He started it.

The company is Batchglow. Based just north or Worksop.

http://www.batchglow.co.uk/ has all the info you might want :)

I've been paying the rear end a bit more attention.

It all started with sorting out the rear number plate bulb holder cover on the 8V. When I took the bulb holder off I saw that one of the plastic hoops that holds the bulbs had partly melted!!!

So, a new bit was bought but obviously wasn't going to go on the 8v. It's been fitted to the Storm and while all that was off the area has been cleaned, polished and waxed. Plus the Storm metal cover has had a new coat of paint.

And as the cleaner & polish were out I thought I might as well take the Corrado & VW badge off and do a proper job of those areas.

Quite a plesant evening sat at the back of my car, chatting the the neighbours as they went past and all done without firing the poor car up to move it 6 foot out of the garage!

Lol's....

You got 69 pm the side of your c chris.

If so I passed you on Sunday, you were waiting at the lights in holmfirth. Posing like a right git, if not you then I apologise to whoever it was lol.

Lol's....

You got 69 pm the side of your c chris.

If so I passed you on Sunday, you were waiting at the lights in holmfirth. Posing like a right git, if not you then I apologise to whoever it was lol.

HHHHMMMMMMM chris posing defo him :lol:

:shades: mwah????

quote]

eh?

my French was a bit off. sorry fuzz[/quote:299laol4]

reet :D

I've been paying the rear end a bit more attention.

goooood mornin'!!!! :norty:

:clap: hurray, someone's woken up. I was beginning to think I was on another planet :wink: :D

And while talking about obsessive Stanford prep.

I love this time of year. Kip goes nuts :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Neighbours have wondered what on earth is going on at our place as Kip was seen washing his car in the pouring rain this evening. :nuts: :nuts:

As this is my 5th year of knowing Kip around Stanford time I don't think this is anything unusual. I've seen much more obsessive things done to the VR in the few days before... oh, and as is usual for Stanford prep he says he hates the car, it's got too many faults and he would like to sell it and be rid of it. :lol:

I will give him 1500 without seeing it and will be looking for the faults to bring the price down more than likely, better to say now as to not offend him whilst I'm there.

You have my number get in touch asap, very interested.

And while talking about obsessive Stanford prep.

I love this time of year. Kip goes nuts :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

Neighbours have wondered what on earth is going on at our place as Kip was seen washing his car in the pouring rain this evening. :nuts: :nuts:

Has Kip got himself an Icelandic ash monitor then?

My car's still collecting fall out.

I saw your car at DG (corrado central) a few weeks ago look really good comimg on a treat, the rear beam looks good and the new front subframe too. ill cast my eye over it when it comes back down for some more work. :D

Little update as it MOT time.

Got another cert this morning though I had to wait 30 mins before the tester could issue it.

He logged into the system at 9am, started testing my car at 9.10 and was all done by 9.30... but he says he is expected to take about an hour to test a 15 year old car so wouldn't put all the info to the system till 10.

Big brother is out there....

Anyway, in that 30 mins wait I popped into Netto and got my own hand pressure pump for a bargain so I'm well happy.