Butterfly

Butterflys Blackberry... car of the 90's

Light primer brightens the colour, black/dark dulls the colour.

Not doin' the door Judith??? :scratch: .

Passenger door? Oh yes. Handle, wing mirror and door/window seal off and what a lovely lip of laquer there was from when it was badly painted before. That's one pic I forgot to take and really wish I has as so many people didn't see the state it was in and don't believe me when I say it neeeeeeded paint (in places).

Plus the fish eyes in the passenger wing are getting sorted.

looking great so far Judith - bet you can't wait to see the finished product (and get back to buffing!)

best of luck, really looking forward to the results

:)

mmm keeping a close eye on this thread make sure you get plenty of pics the refinishing stage.

are you going to go this flat with the paint.

Cars not done.

There's still polishing to do and of course rebuild all the bits taken off but she's the right colour again :)

Starting to get nervous again as it will soon be time to accept the job (and pay for it :shock: ) or point out problems (hopefully none)

2.jpg[/attachment:13fmiss2]passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf3.jpg[/attachment:13fmiss2]climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf4.jpg[/attachment:13fmiss2]2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf1.jpg[/attachment:13fmiss2]

oooo coming on nicely , soon be done . bet you cant wait . the only thing that miffed me when mine was done was the holograms from machine poishing ,took me hours to get rid of em .

oooo coming on nicely , soon be done . bet you cant wait . the only thing that miffed me when mine was done was the holograms from machine poishing ,took me hours to get rid of em .

thats bodyshops for you..!!! they buff but can`t detail.. :x-mas: :x-mas:

Looking good, I would advise you leave it in the paintshop until the weather fines up, you dont want pebbledashed bonnet from the gritters!!! :shock:

Gimp mask wont come anywhere near protecting the car at the moment. Roads are impassable without winter tyres and I'm more concerned about the underneath!!

Flippin woman in the Freelander hitting Kip has A LOT to answer for. The car was supposed to be painted in Oct but I held off to get it to the NEC.

Oh well.....

And some of todays pics

christ .... just seen where you are based , er in doors has friends up there they are snowed in atm :( c is looking sweet .

looking good the paint looks nice and flat to me, did they block it with 2000 grit, i would get them to check the rest of the paint and maybe block it all so it matches. Oherwise the arse end will look differnt and who likes factory finish anyway, will only be 1 point deducted :D

Get a bright light to shine on the paintwork to check for swirls and holograms, and if you need some paint refinishing give me a buzz. just finishing off a blsck DBS over 30hours machine polishing, and still going

well it wont matter because its been blocked which they did not do at the factory, we need to take this into consideration as most corrados have been painted, so we should look for good paint finish instead, this will show how good your body shop is as most can paint and polish (just) but struggle with paint refinishing.

Difference between Concours and Show&Shine/Custom competitions Drew.

In concours judging is factory paint with some imperfections likely to be scored as highly as fresh paint with a non factory perfect detailed flat finish?

In my opinion yes if........ as Drew has stated above, "its been blocked which they did not do at the factory" ..... to achieve a "mirror" finish. What a respray should be attempting to do for concours is replicating "factory" surface finish. Don't know what Judith has planned. I'm sure shortly it will be revealed. :wink:

It can be done, just couldn't find Jack for you Judith. Seems he's has gone to ground.

He's done mine and acheived it. :ignore: (Bet someone's ears have pricked up t'other side of the hills to the east now. :D Not you J.). I ask Jack to replicate the factory surface finish specifically.

Concours isn't about the the shiniest car although a clean car does help! Concours is originality and its condition/build. The benchmark being the day it left the factory. ie. no mods but pukka accessories to the model allowed. That is why a Concours Judge needs to be knowledgeable about the type & models being judged.

The question I always ask is did it leave the factory like that? The only alleviation is replacement spare parts. And again the judge has to be aware of the current replacement parts supplied by the manufacturer.

:roll: who's judging at Stanford next year? We will all have to be careful :nono:

Any chance of some advice on fittings finish Chris??

I've told 'em, and told 'em and told 'em..... that I need to keep my orange peel finish.

But I don't think my bonnet (either of them) ever had much orange peel (though admittedly I didn't know to look for it a few years back).

Paintshop owner says it's still there, he can see it. But I can't see through all the paintshop dust and crud. In a few days I'll be looking for it. :help: LOL :lol:

But even through the dust & crud she sure does look pretty. :luvlove:

That's the one big downer to having new paint, all the crud and dust :( . Just got mine back after having bumpers and front wings done. They've done a good job but it's going to take me ages to return it to a nicely buffed state :mad2: Engine bay and interior look like someone has dropped a bag of flour in them!

OK, for a laugh... and anyone who doesn't know what they are letting themselves in for with painting...

It will gleam again, but I might need a few hoover bags to get there.

Paintshop say it will be returned clean. I'll post a pic of what they class as clean when I take her back. :lol: (I hope I am very pleasently surprised)