Sign in to follow this  
tim145

corrado 16v pace?

Hi guys,

I was wonddering if you had any advice for me.

I have had an alfa 145 cloverleaf 2.0 16v for the last 2 years, and Im thinking of changing it ina a couple of months.

Ive always liked golfs and corrados, and i like the look of

a) corrado 2.0 16v

b) golf mk3 16v

c) golf vr6

My mum has a black mk3 8v, and my brother has a mk2 16v gti and i like them both, but i was wondering whether you could tell me the difference if any in running costs of say the golf 2.0 16v and the vr6 ? mpg etc? parts? also, the corrado 16v 0-60 is 9.0s, where as ive been use to 8.0s for the last 2 years... i know the 0-60 on the mk3 16v is 8.0 and 7.3 for the vr6- but would I notice a difference between the 3?

(ideally Id like a vr6 corrado but too high insurance and decent ones start at £3k)

Anyway in a few months I imagine I will want to spend around £2200 max really... Id like air con and leather as its what im use to. Ive seen leather interiors go weekly on ebay for £300-400 so not worried about that as such.

Any advice?

Is the vr6 really worth the £500 (purchase price + insurance) differance more than a 16v do you think>?

The most relevant question to the forum probably being.....

Any mods I could do to the corrado for 0-60 reduction?

The most relevant question to the forum probably being.....

Any mods I could do to the corrado for 0-60 reduction?

Chuck the seats out! ;)

Not really a lot that can be done to the 16v engine to improve performance cheaply.

Indeed, the only Corrado that's "easy" to tune out of the box is the only forced induction car - the G60. Like all forced induction cars you can just turn up the big boost knob till it breaks..

some ideas for you,hope it helps. :)

tuning16v

allyouneedtoknow

Imo, the corrado's abit special compared to your other opions, a had a16v mk2 an loved it(you notice the weight difference), but it wasnt a rado at the end of the day. best bet is to drive a rado16v an see what you think. i wouldnt worry to much about times, my first valver was rapid(for a valver anyway) an it only had a exhaust swap.