Sign in to follow this  
mic_VR

VW Bora V5

Anyone had any experience with the Bora V5? What's it like to drive/run/mod etc etc?

Might have the opportunity to buy one and really tempted. Only down side is the C would hav to go.... :(

There is loads of factor about whether I should buy it or not but want a bit of honest opinions first on the V5, not necessarily in comparison to the Corrado but just in general.

ask andy665 mate, he has got one. i have a 1.9td bora in my car range :) and it is a very nice car to drive. plus it never seems to run out of petrol either. wish the same could be said for the corrado :)

sell the corrado :shock: go and wash your mouth out with soap :lol:

karl

Did I hear my name :lol:

Lovely car, had ours 18 months and apart from a failed MAF it hasn't put a foot wrong in 20k miles.

Lovely V5 burble once you get a decent exhaust fitted, the Milltek on ours is lovely, great fit but you need to get the 4Motion rear valence fitted (about £45).

Handling is soft as standard but I fitted Konigsports and a H&R front anti-roll bar which cures the issue of standard rubbing issues on the standard anti-roll bar if you lower more than about 30mm.

Not the fastest thing around, ours is the earlier 10V version but apparently the later 20V is not much quicker (a 1.8T is quicker) but the noise is so much nicer, pretty economical too, 2,500 miles to Italy and back saw me average 29mpg despite running at 100mph+ for hour after hour

Well it's my brother who is selling his. It's a W-reg with about 70,000 on the clock. full vw service history and all the mod cons except leather.

Main reason I'm thinking about buying it is that I got a bit of a promotion on monday which is good :D but it means I'm now going to be changing my driving habits from about 50 miles a week to about 200 which is bad :(

Not really worried about fuel costs as work will be paying my mileage, just thinking that my Corrado isn't ideal to be out on the road all the time, carrying loads of client books/records on lowered suspension and generally driving a 13 year old car day in day out when I already keep having constant maintenance as it is.

Just don't really want something that is completely boring after the C (not that I really want the C to go!), and as Karl has already mentioned it won't be staying N/A for very long! :lol:

My mum has a passat V5, quite well specced. I drive it a bit every now and again and it is a nice car to drive....but, there is no way id have one instad of my corrado (and im sure andy would probably agree)