Sign in to follow this  
.A.N.T.

Water ain't going where it ough'ta...

Hoovering out the car at the weekend and lift the mats to find the carpets are all sodden.

bugger.

This morning after driving in I found a few drops running down the side of the dashboard on the drivers side. Right on the outside of it that butts onto the door when it's closed and in line with the nearest edge of the speaker grille on the dash.

Anyone have any ideas where this is coming from?

Could it be the sunroof, or maybe the window seals from the windscreen?

It's not the door seals, or the door membrane as there's no water down at the bottom of the car and I've previously sealed these up...

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers!

have a look in the scuttle tray (the bit under the bonnet where the windscreen wiper motor lives).

In the driver's corner there's a drain which tends to get silted up with leaves and general road gunk. This causes rain water to build up in the tray and escape any way it can.... Usually around the gromets and into the driver's footwell... :?

Worth checking... 8)

I agree with you Henry, especially with all the leaves that have fallen off the trees recently. A clear out there should hopefully sort this out!

Fingers Crossed

Have already done that. I clear out anything in the scuttle each time I clean the car...

And the drips are coming from above the level of the scuttle panel... :?:

Check inside the bottom of the door there are about 4 drainage holes if I remember correctly if they are blocked this is where your problem could be, what the condition of the door seal is that all in perfect condition??

if the drainage holes at the bottom of the door were clogged, that wouldn't cause water to come out of the windscreen area above the scuttle tray. unless the door was completely full of water, then I think he'd notice that ;)

Thera

lol!

The door seals and inner skin are fine. I've checked those thouroghly when I put in the audioscape door pods.

I'll be taking out the seats and carpet later this week, give the carpets time to dry out while I find the leak...

my windscreen seal is coming up along the top of my windscreen, I think this is due to pressure washing it :(

gonna have to reseal mine asap, thats easy to check, if its above the scuttle, then i'd have thought he's a prime suspect.

Thera

Have already done that. I clear out anything in the scuttle each time I clean the car...

And the drips are coming from above the level of the scuttle panel... :?:

there is a tiny drain hole there that drains into the wheel arch, but if its above that line of the scutle then it must be the sreen or A-piller seal with the door

Probably the screen then, as the door seals were completely dry even after driving.

I'll have a look tonight...

Windscreen seal is the likely culprit and the long shot culprit is a ruptured sunroof drain tube, which runs down the A pillar.

Kev