Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

HELP PLEASE.

i would ike to hear poeople opinions on what i should do to my car next??

i will be taking my vortech v1 charger off very soon, i was gonna go for the rotrex C-30-94 charger with all the extras ie 15/18psi pulley, APR bolts (full set) s/s headgasket etc etc etc. but i also have an R32 engine at the moment sitting in my garage that i was keeping for when i blew my engine up :) i would love to fit the R32 engine, and at the same time bolt on the Rotrex 8) (450bhp) but i just cant do it at the moment :(

so!! my 2 options are.

1, put the rotrex on, and have some more supercharged fun for a while. (and when it blows up?? shove the R32 in)

2, put the R32 in, will be using a new emerald set up for it 8) so should be around the 300bhp. and when i get bored with that?? then put the rotrex on??

i would love to do number 2 with the rotrex ASAP, but my finances have other prioritys at the moment. so i have to decide on either number 1 or 2 :(

thanks

karl

IMO Id do the engine swap first, youll put a lot of time and money into making the vr work with the charger, only to swap it all a year or so down the line.

Get the R32 in and have one of a few c's with one running!

Graham

Karl, I'd say stick the R32 lump in on Emerald. 300 N/A horses is pretty impressive, and as nemesis360 says, you can bolt the rotrex on afterwards. I'm not actually sure I've seen an R32 engine in a Corrado in this country, unless my memory is a totally fooked and I'm forgetting someone.

The advantage of using emerald is you shouldn't need to use the fly by wire throttle, which simplifies the install somewhat. Plus you shouldn't need the clocks, key, transponder jobbies either. But you probably already know all that :lol:

As they say, "there is no replacement for displacement"!

I'd stick with the 12V with Rotrex and see where that takes you!

The 12V can make the same amount of power as the 24V where FI is concerned, so I can't see the point of fitting the R32 if FI is your plan. The 12V is well proven to make well over 500hp reliabley.

If staying Normally aspirated, then fit the R32 for sure as it's a nicer engine.

Karl mate like you the idea of an rotrexed R32 in a corrado is just awesome but as you cant do both then i would say go with the rotrexed vr to start as like kev said they are still bloody good engines and capable of silly power and its not as if you have a high miler now is it :wink: if it was me i would probs go for the nice low mileage reliable engine first then charge it when funds allow but as your engine has only done what 40k ish?? then its going to last especially with the upgraded gasket and bolts etc!