Sign in to follow this  
BigD

my car sold, viewing a c tomorow

Agreed. View it and use it as a good frame of reference but I think you could find something a bit newer for the same sort of money!

well i bought it, but i paid 2.800 as it needs a new tyre or 2 and the exhaust will want changing at some point but that was planned any way.

i did view a m reg one on the way up in eastleigh, but it was in worse condition, and the sump/lower part of the block was coverd in oil so that put me off.

il post some better pics up when it been cleaned as the ones on ph are crap and dont realy show how it looks, i also have a book full of work done, everything works, it does have a slight rattle which id say is timing chain tesioner but il get my mate to check as hes a vw mechanic.

i wouldnt be worried at all about the age, low miles and history are far more important.. still sounds like a good deal at 2200..

2800 ;)

Congrats on the purchase fella... look forward to seeing some pics 8)

i wouldnt be worried at all about the age, low miles and history are far more important.. still sounds like a good deal at 2200..

2800 mate lol, id be even happyer if it was 2200 though , its been lowerd 30 mm on konis but i feel it needs more :D what coil overs are recomended ?

2800 mate lol, id be even happyer if it was 2200 though , its been lowerd 30 mm on konis but i feel it needs more :D what coil overs are recomended ?

think a contact lens just fell out.. :lol:

coilovers, well that starts as many arguements as G60 v's VR6!

personally i wouldn't recommend anything less than FK konigsports, and wouldn't run anything other than KW's or H&R.

G-werks do cracking prices on the KW varient 1's, which are non dampening adjustable, but ride comfort is perfect.

cheers guys, il give it a good going over with the clay bar and polish it all back up again, il look into coil overs aswell.

also will drilling the airbox (pikey mod) make it sound any better till i get a induction kit.