Sign in to follow this  
RIMnCHOP

SOUND SYSTEM IN CORRADO'S

HELLO IAM A NEWBIE HERE

JUST PURCHASED MY BELOVED VR6 ON THURSDAY :D

but it has a shit sound system init and was wondering if the size of the speaker is 5" or 6". and also if its 5" can i modify it to take 6" if not do i need to start making door pods to housethem?? :?

much apprecited 8)

The stock doorpods take a 5.25" bass driver, they can sound ok but you'll get better sound (esp. bass) by buying or making better pods. Audioscape make doorpods for the corrado, they're pricey (£180ish) but very well made and look factory. Either way, you can't go wrong with a decent set of components in the front, pop the tweeters in the stock positions on top of the dash and enjoy! Also the stock rears are 6x4" but usually a bit of hacksaw work is required to fit aftermarket speakers. (not that I ever turn my rears on anyway)

HELLO IAM A NEWBIE HERE

JUST PURCHASED MY BELOVED VR6 ON THURSDAY :D

but it has a **** sound system init and was wondering if the size of the speaker is 5" or 6". and also if its 5" can i modify it to take 6" if not do i need to start making door pods to housethem?? :?

much apprecited 8)

Dont chop up the rear parcel shelf, there are plenty of already chopped up ones around and if it is in good condition you should be able to swap it for one with speakers already fitted.

I used a set of 6x4" JBLs in the rear shelf support to give a bit more bass punch, although you do have to pull the spacer ring off them. Stock dash tweeters and a set of stock size infinity reference door speakers ensures a good quality sound for not a huge investment.

CHERERS LADS MUCH APPRECIATED

thinking of jbl or infintiys compnents in front and jbl in back.do you have any idears of were to get a parcel shelf from as tried various scrapies and the dealers said that ive got no chance getting1 :( as i want a replacememt just incase i have a fit of madness and sell the beast......GOD FORBID LOL

CHERERS LADS MUCH APPRECIATED

thinking of jbl or infintiys compnents in front and jbl in back.do you have any idears of were to get a parcel shelf from as tried various scrapies and the dealers said that ive got no chance getting1 :( as i want a replacememt just incase i have a fit of madness and sell the beast......GOD FORBID LOL

Try ebay mate, usually a few on there.

Rich

THANKS GUYS FOR THE HELP

ive managed to get a parcel shelf in perfect condition for 20 quid so iam happy :D

ive recntly had a insatall done with 6" hertz components in front and sum jl 6x9 in back for rear ambience fill. also a jl subto provide a bit of low end grunt 8) all wired to 2 ipaul amps. if you like dance trance and anything a bit harder. you will luv this. IMUST RECOMEND HERTZ SPEKEARS.THE SOUND IS CRISP PUNCHY AND WARM TOP QUALITY PRODUCTS MUST RECOMEND THEM. 8)

will post sum pics up when ive fixed the bloddy heater problem think its just a thermal resistor..... ihope :lol:

at least my car get nice tunes init even iff the heator only works on 4 ha has ha well

Glad to hear this, enjoy your C! I sometimes worry I'm adding too much weight to the car in ICE... :scratch:

If you are putting whopping big speakers in the rear shelf then be carefull where the holes have been put. If they are to the back, as mine was when I bought the C, the shelf simply bends with the weight and your straps will simply streeeeetch to breaking point. Seems obvious but the former owner had been a bit rash with the jigsaw. :(

Ended up buying a new shelf, (with the speaker holes near to the rear seat), adding some strengthening for peace of mind and making some re-inforced straps.

Good luck. :)