Sign in to follow this  
Robbo149

Test your wheel recognition skills!!!

Nope... tried all those, it aint BBS, TSW, 100+ or Fox. It's a really obscure one & I've seen it before, but I can't for the life of me remember what it is!

cheers, anyway.

Any more suggestions?

Hi all,

I believe these wheels are Racing Heart C2 1 Piece Wheels from the good old USA. See the pic attached. These are the wheels featured on Momentum Tuning's 2.0 crossflow G60. Oh my god, I'm turning into a car junkie!! Available from Tirerack.com in the USA and wheel stokists, no UK supplier tho' AFAIK :cry:

See the car they are on at http://www.momentumtuning.com/projectca ... owG60.html

Cheers

SCOTCORRADOG60

Thanks SCOTCORRADOG60, I think you've got it spot on! That's a load off! You know, like when you get a tune stuck in your head & can't remember what it is?... it's been buggin me for ages. The reason I was asking is coz there's a guy selling 3 on Ebay, so I wanted to see about getting a fourth. Tried emailing him to ask but no response. BTW I don't think it's that sad that you knew... normally I can identify an alloy instantly, but this one had me stumped.

Cheers all,

Robbo

What's the big thing about "cross-flow" engins? The VR6 is a cross flow as i think all the others are too so unless the in & outlet manifolds are on the same side they are all "cross-flow" engines!

Chris

Most VW 8V engine AREN'T crossflow, so engines like the PG (G60) are much improved by the addition of a crossflow head and suitable manifolds. 8)

I dunno much about the VR6, but I do know that the 16Vs ARE crossflow.

For those who are wondering, cross flow actually means that the inlet and outlet are on opposite sides of the head usually with the valves in line with the flow through the engine (ie one at the front, one at the back of the head). A standard G60 head has the valves in a line across the head (ie next to each other, not front and back) and has both inlet and exhaust manifolds on the back of the head. This means that the gas has to go through a hell of a lot of turns to get into the cylinders and then back out again. This is why gas-flowing the head can produce so much bigger improvements on a G60 than on a 16V...