Sign in to follow this  
SK

Funny Noises under Braking

My car sometimes (only occasionally) makes a tiny grindy-type noise when coming to a halt. It only does it stopping at around the 5mph mark and the pedal goes solid too. Its done it a few times when turning RIGHT into a parking space. Before I start chasing my tail around the 4 corners of the car I thought I'd ask if anyone has had a similar problem. I know its not pads discs or anything like that..this is a sound/feeling I haven't come across before...... :?

Oh yes, its a 95 2l 16v and other than this the brakes are top dog!

It just makes a sort of grinding noise then the brakes come on! The pedal goes solid when it does it and once the ABS light came on and stayed on. ??? Modern cars!

Same thing happened on mine- ABS going of under light braking...

Not sure how to describe it exactly cos I'm not technically minded but there's a ring (or something like) on the hub (or at least some bit near the wheel..) that if it has a crack in it, will cause the ABS to go off.

We finally got to the bottom of this problem after new ABS sensors & replacement pump were fitted which didn't fix the problem!

Good luck!

Cheers people. In between the hi winds and lashing rain, I'll go and check these options out. :salute: