Sign in to follow this  
enbee23

Corrado Newbie!

Hi all,

Joined recently and am after my first Corrado.

Not a stranger to VWs though, have had over 30 of them in the last 18 years. Scary when I think about it :shock:

Anyhow, I've somehow missed out on the best waterpumper of them all and now I'm after one.

So please have patience as I get up to speed with this forum and with the cars when I do eventually find the one for me.

Cheers,

Nick

Cheers. I'm after a VR6. I think.

I've had 3 Mk2 16v so, much as I love them, I fancy something different. I've not driven a G so not sure of them really but I have driven a VR6. Yes please :)

There are some stunning cars up for grabs but my budget doesn't stretch that far, looking at under £3k realistically. There will be good'uns and bad'uns out there at that price so will tread carefully. All advice gratefully received.

Welcome to the forum! :D I thought I was bad having owned 1 mk2, 2 mk3s, a mk4 polo, and 2 corrados in the last year. Now down to just the one corrado again. The G60. The one I'm going to keep forever/until it explodes. Whichever comes soonest.... :?

Thanks.

Load's of good stuff all over this forum and a fair few bods who seem to really know their stuff. Handy!

Wonder if there are many CF-ers in this part of the world?

You're in the same boat as me then mate! Lurking, taking advantage of these nice people's good nature, learning all you can and keeping a watchful eye on the "for sale" section! :D

Welcome to the site from another future Corrado owner!

Thanks.

Load's of good stuff all over this forum and a fair few bods who seem to really know their stuff. Handy!

Wonder if there are many CF-ers in this part of the world?

theres a few around :) enjoy looking for the right C !!

Stevej, I'm in Kincardine so (just) in Fife too :)

Alexander, hello ! What C are you after? Just wish there were more cars for sale close by. Looks like I'm going to have to travel to get what I want.

I'm keeping an open mind tbh. Low mileage, leather would be nice, the usual. I'm actually prepared to spend a bit more to get a C with a rebuilt engine or extensive work already done. I keep wavering between VR or G60, I can see the appeal of both - so I'm pretty much looking for a good example of a Corrado regardless of the engine. A bit like if you're having a baby and people ask if you want a girl or a boy and you say "I don't mind as long as it's healthy" :D

Good way to look at it.

I've never driven a G60 so not sure whether I'd get on with one. I had a VR6 Sharan and even in a big boat like that, the engine was wonderful. I promised myself that one day I'd have a smaller lighter VR engined car and here I am...

I'm on the tail of a car now but stupidly I dithered when I first saw the ad and now someone else has first dibs. Fingers crossed but if it doesn't happen then it wasn't meant to be.

You wait, after all this VR6 blethering, I'll end up with a 16v :lol:

Yup, the 16v engine is a treat! For me, though I want more power, especially as I'm moving to a heavier car. You can't really lose - G60 is tuneable and sporty, VR is powerful and sounds wicked. Both cars, for all their subtle cosmetic differences, look fantastic.

You wait, after all this VR6 blethering, I'll end up with a 16v :lol:

Nout wrong with that mate.

I know! I've had three Mk2 16v and an Audi Coupe 16v. They are great engines.

But as Alexander says, the C is that bit heavier and more power is always a good thing :)

I'd like a VR but if the right car came up with a different engine, I'd go for it. Curious about a G60 now, must try and blag a go in one.