Sign in to follow this  
Ginger60

Track control arm bushes

3coursemeal,

I am agast that you took the sump off mate, that should never need to come off unless you need a new gasket or engine repairs!

Glad you managed it in the end, but PM me any time if you are unsure about something if I can help I have 10 years professional experience as an engineer.

regards

thanks mate, i'll bear that in mind :)

the sump was a bit leaky anyway so i didn't mind taking it off and replacing the gasket, one thing that baffled me was i had 1 bolt left over, looked exactly the same as the ones that hold sump on, but must of checked it about 10 times and couldn't find where this bolt came from?

thats a tad worrying mate!

Haha well if it goes who am I to argue lol best thing to guess its a mounting bracket bolt for an ancillery component like the PAS pump or something...

thats a tad worrying mate!

Haha well if it goes who am I to argue lol best thing to guess its a mounting bracket bolt for an ancillery component like the PAS pump or something...

it really stumped me and a pal, had no adverse effects since, not sure if it came off the car or feel off a tool?

just strange it was like all the others and i collected them all up to clean each one :lol:

Sinister!

There is one 'hidden' bolt hole if I recall you could of missed...? The underside of the Corrado is a bit like the inside of a rotting tree stump... you never know whats in there! lol

How many bolts go into the sump to hold it on, 26?

If you could count how many you put into the sump compared to how many there should be, that will help you decide

How many bolts go into the sump to hold it on, 26?

If you could count how many you put into the sump compared to how many there should be, that will help you decide

well theres a good idea lol

i sorted my issue with the captive nut, but the cars still off the road for another few days. Thought id fix the minor oil leaks ive had so changed the oil cooler seals when i went to change the rocker cover gasket i realised vw supplied me the wrong gasket. Cant wait to get it back on the orad, its been off the road for nearly 2 weeks now.

Good luck with that mate, I know how you feel, I had mine off the road 18 months 18 months ago while I rebuilt the engine... Its currently in for respray this week... :D

thread revival . . . long story short is im getting engine/gearbox/subframe etc off a mk4 16v passat to go on my b3, which also means I can convert it to 5-stud :) Im going to be refurbing the wishbones so i can use the mk4 style ball joints+hub carrier, and rather than use polybushes this time i was going to go down the R32/TT route with the bushes, assuming theyre not silly money.

so, anyone know how much are a pair of the bushes from VW?

when i did mine i just went to VW and got everything from there, wishbones with bushes in, track rods & ends, top mounts, ball joints and mountings

still not solved whatever issue i have

starting to believe it column or rack, not sure what mounts would affect handling?

Am I right in thinking that the "NSF rear arm bush" is the Track control bush and is located in the back of the wishbone?

I'm pretty sure mine has gone as I can move the wheel back and forth a fair bit, I just wanted to know whether it was something I could replace myself pretty easily? Do you need to take the wishbone off to do it?

I have the R32 bushes in my wishbones and they're pretty good. Steering feels slightly more connected and there's less wheel movement under heavy braking.

Does anybody have the part number for these bushes please?