Sign in to follow this  
dgarwood07

Heatin problem!

That sounds like a problem with the cooling system on the engine....

What engine have you?

Hi, I have this same problem at the moment.

I have a 1.8 16v early corrado and when the engine is warming up the heating is nice and warm but it seems that when it gets up to tempreture the heating blows cold. Any ideas.. Cheers,Mark...

Could be an airlock or faulty recall valves...

Worth sorting before it gets really cold - especially if you end up having to change the matrix!!

Could be an airlock or faulty recall valves...

Worth sorting before it gets really cold - especially if you end up having to change the matrix!!

If it was the matrix wouldn`t blow cold all the time. It seems to me alittle strange that it only seems to blow cold when it get upto tempreture.

It was fine until I went on a trip to pick up a beetle for the wife and we got stuck in traffic and thats when I noticed it started blowing cold. Then when we got on a stretch and the engine cooled down it maybe seemed to blow warm maybe. I being extremely vague i know but one things for sure it seems okay when the engines first warming up at the beginning of the day..

Hi, I have this same problem at the moment. I have a 1.8 16v early corrado and when the engine is warming up the heating is nice and warm but it seems that when it gets up to tempreture the heating blows cold. Any ideas.. Cheers,Mark...

Hi

Can you put up a few pictures of the hoses starting from the back right (facing the engine) to the front of the engine.

I had a weird problem with mine, I would get warm airflow but it then cooled off if i put the fan on, as if the fan was too strong for it. Put up with it for months as I put off pulling the interior out. Bit the bullet after de-icing inside and out one morning! I concluded that the matrix must be partially blocked one way or other. Turned out the air fins were 2/3 clogged with 17.5 years of fluff and sh1te that couldn't be removed without destroying them!!! Changed the matrix - no worries, toasty as toast now!! 8) 8) £27 +VAT

Colin

I had a weird problem with mine, I would get warm airflow but it then cooled off if i put the fan on, as if the fan was too strong for it. Put up with it for months as I put off pulling the interior out. Bit the bullet after de-icing inside and out one morning! I concluded that the matrix must be partially blocked one way or other. Turned out the air fins were 2/3 clogged with 17.5 years of fluff and sh1te that couldn't be removed without destroying them!!! Changed the matrix - no worries, toasty as toast now!! 8) 8) £27 +VAT

Colin

Why couldnt you live closer you could have done mine for me!!lol

heater bypass valves mate, mine was doing this, once on the motorway and up to temp, the heater was cold, but before it was warm, or sitting i traffic it was warm.

Not very expensive, and now my heater is like a furnace.

heater bypass valves mate, mine was doing this, once on the motorway and up to temp, the heater was cold, but before it was warm, or sitting i traffic it was warm.

Not very expensive, and now my heater is like a furnace.

Ive already tried that 1!!!lol didnt work! :(

How would i do that??lol

Hi

Touch a long piece of copper pipe to the water pump, engine running, and you should hear some whooshing.

How would i do that??lol

Hi

Touch a long piece of copper pipe to the water pump, engine running, and you should hear some whooshing.

i will give that a go! thanks