Sign in to follow this  
chief

Buying A G60

Hi all, i'm contemplating buying a g60 so i thought i'd join up on here, is there a buyers guide or FAQ on what to look for when buying? Or if someone could be kind enough to tell me, it'd be much appreciated!

Another question i have is, will 15" rims look silly on a corrado? I noticed that there are a lot on other VAG forums i use that run 16" alloys, are 15"s not used for a reason or is it merely personal choice!

Many thanks in advance,

John :D

The_Corrado_Buying_Guide

the Corrado is golf 2 based and pretty much designed for 15" wheels

lowered cars with 17" rims can be OK but some suffer from rubbing on arches and tramlining on white lines etc. 16" is a good compromise for looks, behaviour on the road and fitting of bigger brakes etc. so a common choice.

thanks for that mate, will have a good read through that. The only reason i was asking about the wheels is i have a rare set on my mk1 golf that ideally i wouldnt want to sell, but wasn't sure whether it would look "under wheeled" if that makes sense. Would 15 x 9's cause rubbing issuses on the rear?

Leon...got any more info?

J

thanks for that mate, will have a good read through that. The only reason i was asking about the wheels is i have a rare set on my mk1 golf that ideally i wouldnt want to sell, but wasn't sure whether it would look "under wheeled" if that makes sense. Would 15 x 9's cause rubbing issuses on the rear?

In summary:

- 15" comfy, light, still look good, ease of finding tyres, standard

- 17" harder ride, sharper handling, some say look better, potentially heavy and acceleration can suffer

- 16" in the middle

** Mod edit - c'mon fella, you know the rules, if you want to sell your car on here please use the classified section like everyone else **