Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

things to replace after a respray....

ok my corrado is nearly finished being done, so i think i need to compile a list of all the trim and other bits that will nedd replacing to make everything look new again, so far i have:

Windscreen

Rear screen

Black sunroof trim

2 x roof trim

2 x boot hinge trim

2 x spoiler trims

2 x wing mirror rubbers

2 x headlights

2 x fogs

2 x indicators

2 x Lupo wipers and arms

any one think of anything else ??

Thought for a minute it was done.

How about the chin spoiler.

Door handles.

Why do you need new front and rear screens, sure if they are scratched you could get them polished up. The door and rear 3/4 glass will look old then, and new rear 3/4 rubbers would be good.

Thought for a minute it was done.

How about the chin spoiler.

Door handles.

Why do you need new front and rear screens, sure if they are scratched you could get them polished up. The door and rear 3/4 glass will look old then, and new rear 3/4 rubbers would be good.

the rear screen is scratched where we transported a cabinet in the back once, and it rubbed against the screen over bumps, and the front screen will be an insurance job....

door handles are being sprayed so theres no need to buy new ones, and im undecided on what size chin spolier to go for, id like the 90mm still but if it goes lower it'll have to be a 50mm...

Basically anything that's next to teh fresh paint .. soyou'll want to add all the Door/window trims as well... Plus a selection of trim clips as some will always break on re-fitting...

door handles are being sprayed so theres no need to buy new ones, and im undecided on what size chin spolier to go for, id like the 90mm still but if it goes lower it'll have to be a 50mm...

If your sticking with the 301's i would say a 90mm as you need to keep a sensiblyish ride height with the power your planning so you can at least still use it, but on the other hand if its going to be more of a show car then the hell with drivability get it slammed with the 50mm on it.

At my height on 17's dropped 50mmish over the red square type speed bumps it gets over most without scraping just.

Had to replace the window trim between the bottom of the window and the door whilst mine was in for a respray. Ended up having to buy a pair from VW... at £80!!! No wonder VW parts sales always have a smile on their face...

Not sure how you gone with the back end but

numberplate holder/surround

rear wiper

back lights

change the lupo wipers to audi TT

And how long till its back in your hands, cant wait to see it.

Not sure how you gone with the back end but

numberplate holder/surround

rear wiper

back lights

change the lupo wipers to audi TT

And how long till its back in your hands, cant wait to see it.

ah yes forgot about the plate surround! nice one. Im sure ive seen one that has the lock removed, any idea of where i can get them ??

rear wiper has been removed and all smoothed off

Rear lights-im still unsure of what to do with them, as much as i like the all red setup of some peoples, i just dont want them to look homemade! As Goldie car is top dollar ill take a look at his sometime and decide, otherwise ill find something new and different.

Whats the difference between lupo wipers and Audi TT wipers ??

Surely you must have seen this thread Dan

http://www.the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewto ... =3&t=43905

They are better made and last longer apparently.

The delocked surround is a cult or westside jobby i think, sure bally has 1 on and he guy with the blue slc that won ed38 corrado, sukh i think he is called, you know the 1, very well known car from the year 2002ish PVW.

And im keeping all my standard orange issue lights, get a set of fresh 1's on and they will look proper.

Dan colour code a fresh rear numberplate panel.. Brings the back of the car bang up to date

Agreed, did mine very recently and im well happy with it, should have done it ages ago.

Ive kept the lock, delocked handles mean only way in is through the boot if the fob dies...

ah well you see ive still got locks on my handles so i can afford to lose the boot lock. If the fob dies i find it easier to stick the key in the door lock instead of the boot lock and climb in that way, especially when you have a rear strut brace and lovely retrimmed leather seats....

Oh and junkie, the longevity of the lupo blades is not an issue, as she wont be driven in the wet if i can help it, and looking at that TT wiper thread it has words such as 'trim' and 'grind' which wont go to well on a car im spending a lot of money on.

Ill have a search for pics of these delocked boot plinths, might buy both and swap them over when i change wheels every week!

dont bother with the delock you will need to fit a solinoid which will mean drilling etc (i know you dont like that word)

hmm, you are right there i dont like the word drilling, oh well. looks like standard one colour coded.

Now, does anyone have any ideas for a good bonnet release?? im determined not to use a bonnet cable (well the standard setup anyway) as its complete crap and i want to make a better one, now i believe a solenoid is a good option, but not sure how to set it up....any ideas?>?

I think somebody found a good blade set up on the TT's but without reading it all i cant be sure.

So you dont want to drill the boot but the bonnet is ok lol.

Not exactly sure but basically on a clifford alarm you should have at least 1 auxillary output so long nothing has been added to the alarm after it was fitted.

So wire the solenoid to the auxillary output and assign the auxillary function to your fob and hey presto your in.