Sign in to follow this  
niggelvr6

nigels vr6

thanks for the coments guys

i cant belive its been 5 months !!!! nearly

id be out in the drive in the dark doing it now if it would help

but alass my biggest prob is the VIC check that has a week wait list so even if its all back together this weekend then i will still have to wait another week

to get it back on the road AAAAAAAHH

hi all had a good day today the car has finaly come togerther and is looking good

full list of work is now done

full respray Damson blue perl

lowered 50mm all round on fk coilovers

full magnex stainless system

17" audi rs4 replicas

breaks overhauld and red with custom corrado logos

new window trims

roof trims and other replaced trim parts

new 3 slat grill (body colour)

inpro headlights and fogs

smoked m3 rear clusters

new style VR6 badge at rear

Full audi tt leather interior swap

momo trec r steering wheel

ddi gauge kit with aly trim rings

i think that about it

now all i need is a vic check a new mot and some insurance and its back on the road !!!!!!!!!!!

She's looking good, love the interior and the colour.

What handbrake gaitor is that? I'm lacking one for mine, just a silicone mess where someone has tried to re-attach the standard one.

thanks for more positive comments

the handbreak gater was from ebay hear is a link for a current listing 9 days to go

i took off the plastic gater and pulled the leather off the actual handle then pushed the new gater over the old handle and then fitted it back into position

its quite simple really and they are a good quality leather and you can get any colour leather or stitching !

hi all well its finaly done vic test and new mot all done and taxed and road going again :D

and thanks to the guys at HIC insurance for some top quality cover

Hi - I've got some lovely TT seats like yours but my fella who sorts stuff on my car doesn't want to do them as he reckons he couldn't make them fully safe. How have you gone about fitting them? I assume you haven't used the original mounting point at the front? And have you retained height adjustment? There's a guy on here who's fitted his with two little hanging brackets at the back and a bar across the front which looks like it may not be as strong as the originals mounts. What do you reckon?

Thanks in advance

Simon

hi

we the fitting of the front seats is quite straight forward

i havent got any pics of the mounts as yet but i will try to explain

we used a steal square bar accross the back and flaired the ends to fit into the mount rail then bolted the runners fron the tt seats through this bar

then at the font you have two mounts on the tt runners we drilled two holes in the cross member that the original raddo seat fitted to and you can put a bolt up through a nearby hole in the cross member to bolt down the tt seat thus resulting i 4 strong fixings in the 4 corners the seats sit in a good position and have there full range of adjustment

i will try and take some pics of the fixing for you so you can see it more clearly and ill post them in the next few days

thanks for more positive comments

the handbreak gater was from ebay hear is a link for a current listing 9 days to go

i took off the plastic gater and pulled the leather off the actual handle then pushed the new gater over the old handle and then fitted it back into position

its quite simple really and they are a good quality leather and you can get any colour leather or stitching !

Car looks great, glad you put it back on the road, well worth the effort!

I have one of these handbrake gaiters, much better than the naff plastic bit VW used!

hi

we the fitting of the front seats is quite straight forward

i havent got any pics of the mounts as yet but i will try to explain

we used a steal square bar accross the back and flaired the ends to fit into the mount rail then bolted the runners fron the tt seats through this bar

then at the font you have two mounts on the tt runners we drilled two holes in the cross member that the original raddo seat fitted to and you can put a bolt up through a nearby hole in the cross member to bolt down the tt seat thus resulting i 4 strong fixings in the 4 corners the seats sit in a good position and have there full range of adjustment

i will try and take some pics of the fixing for you so you can see it more clearly and ill post them in the next few days

Hi Nigel - thanks for the description, it sounds like a very similar approach to the wiki guide - someone else did it a bit differently by having L brackets at the rear which allows the seats to sit very slightly lower. (I'm 6' 2")

What you're saying about two mounts at the front through the cross member would presumably give a stronger connection even than the original's single point so no worries there. I think I might just keep them and try to find someone to do it for me as I'm not someone who can manage these kind of things!

Couple of other things - my seats have alcantara across the back top of the seats and in the semi circles at the side, does that make them late ones? The rest is all lovely leather. Also - I can't seem to push the headrests down to meet the seat, do you know how?!

Did you work out the heating electrics? Sorry for so many questions and diverting the thread but you've nearly convinced me to get these seats in, as long as it's done so it's safe!

Cheers

Simon

ok 1st thanks for all your comments its nice to get some poitive feedback and nice to be out and about in it again

and 2nd

hi simon

no prob with the q`s

ok lets see my seats are all leather exept a pleastic pannel on the back but not sure if early or late type one of my freinds has a tt with the same seats ill find out the year of it it might help

i havent managed to work out the electrics yes i got a copy of the diagram for them but couldnt realy work it out but i will be looking into it and ill let every one know when i suss it out

and as for the headrests mine are about 10mm away from the seat fully down and the mechinism works fine i think thats how they are mine slide up and down smoothly and come right out when you push the little button at the side

hope this helps

cheers

nigel