Sign in to follow this  
tim20vt

rotary buffing swirls what next

iv finished buffing my car up its flat and iv used g3 and g10 by farecla,and a goin over with autoglym deep shine.

now theres still small swirl marks as ud expect and the autoglym seems greecy.

if i want to take it to the next level

what do i need to use?

and what wax to get that deep wet look?

its met black..it does look realy good as is and iv never gone any further with paint before and theres loads of products so i dont realy want to buy loads and loads to find what wax is good and will last.

the autoglym doesnt last and now the paints around 10 weeks old it shud be fully hard :D

any advice would be great thanks

Get some Menzerna final finish PO106FA and that will get rid of the swirls.

Farecla products put more swirls in than remove them in my experience.

Agreed, menzerna polish is great and will give a great finish due to the abrasives fully breaking down unlike the the likes of G10 which is quite harsh and leave more marks than they take off. You have to take more time with a polish like menzerna though, most bodyshops go over the paint with a machine polisher very quickly to give it a better finish and get the car out, but if you take your time and work at a slower speed and machine until the polish goes clear (abrasives have fully broken down) then you will get a perfect finish.

carnt i do it by hand now the swirls are very light?

what goes next? something then the wax?

cheers :)

carnt i do it by hand now the swirls are very light?

what goes next? something then the wax?

cheers :)

You could do it by hand yeah, it might take a while though. Something like Meguairs Scratch-X would do the trick. The menzerna final finish would be ideal by machine but iirc its still too abrasive for use by hand but you couold always try.

What i would do personally is try to polish out the buffer marks either by machine or by hand then i would polish it by hand with some Autoglym Super Resin Polish as the resins in it fill in the swirls making them appear gone or atleast a lot more faint, its not permanent though, to make it last quite long though you can seal it in with an acrylic sealant, if you use Super Resin then the best stuff to follow is Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection, apply to the whole car and leave for about an hour to dry (it comes out the bottle like baby oil but dries like a polish), then buff off. Then you can add a wax if you want, the sealant gives great protection on its own but some prefer a wax after for the extra durability and finish.